• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i use the look up with an english dictionary? the only download options are for foreign languages

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently reinstalled the OS on my Nook HD. Before the reinstall, I could look up words in an english dictionary. Now, the only options available are to download a foreign dictionary or look up using Google or Wikipedia. It would seem likely that the english dictionary comes as standard in Digital Editions software, but I can find no way of activating it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you install Digital Edition on your Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. Digital Editions is installed by default and is reader being used. It behaves exactly as it used to, but without the automatic reference to an English dictionary. It's not a big issue, but I'm puzzled as to why it's not working as it should. The absence of an English download suggests that one is built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the option not in my Digital Edition. Do you used which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OS is Android 2.2.1. I know I should update, but these machines are awkward to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Edition need Android 4.4. Do are show that install Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nook has a custom version of Android, so upgrading can be slightly risky. In view of this I won't be bothering as Digital Editions works fine except for the dictionary niggle. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines