• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions no longer working on Windows 10 platform - can't open downloaded books, can't download expired books.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 10 platform and have been using Digital Editions without any issues until last night. Cannot open currently checked out books from my university's library, nor can I download any books. A Vendor ID is not required by my university and yet I continue to get the message that my books will not open without a licensed vendor ID. For 4 years I have been getting my textbooks using Digital Editions - until last night. Contacted the university and nothing has changed on their end and DE should work with their .ascm files. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times from Adobe site, authorized and unauthorized numerous times. Restarted computer numerous times. Nothing is working suddenly. Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you authorize Digital Edition with the same Adobe ID as the first download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was never an Adobe ID required since my university does not have a Vendor ID. Instructions are to authorize without and Adobe ID to read books. Was working just fine that way until Saturday night, as I indicated - when it all changed for some reason that American Public University System does not understand. They refer us back to Adobe as it is Adobe's issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this case you can read the eBook only on the place how has open the first. The eBooks linked with this device. When you want open eBooks in diffed devices you need a using of Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines