Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Lightroom 6 (non CC) on iMac 5K with 10.11.3

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I just bought and downloaded Lightroom 6 LS11 (non CC) from the Adobe Shop. When I start the install.app this shows up:

Adobe-Installationsprogramm.jpg

Installer cannot be initialized. Security settings on my iMac 5K with 10.11.3 allow installations from anywhere.

What to do here?

Thank you for Feedback

Bernd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Please follow the below steps to remove every thing related to Creative Cloud from the machine:

• Please check if you have any browser security extensions installed, please disable them. ( Eg: AD BLOCK, Mcafee site/web adviser, internet security toolbar etc )
  • Also disable the Firewall of your machine see, OS X: About the application firewall - Apple Support
  • Disable Firewall of the Internet security program installed on computer.
  • Go to : Apple Icon > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General >

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bikuler,

"Installer Failed to initialize" is a generic error and we need to figure out what is causing the trouble. Most of the time, its an issue with the download that it was not successful or downloaded properly. So, in such cases, download the software again and make sure to compare the file size of the downloaded file with the file on the server.  Install Photoshop Lightroom

Lets check that in this case as well and make sure the download is complete, If the file size is correct, we need the install.log file.

Navigate to the log files in one of the following folder :  Mac OS: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/

The log filename includes the product name and install date, followed by ".log.gz." The extension .gz indicates a compressed format.

Use a decompression utility such as Winrar or StuffIt to decompress the .gz file. -: WinRAR download and support: Post-Download

Once uncompressed, the log file is a plain text file, Open the .log file using  TextEdit (Mac OS).

Note: By default, log files open in Console on Mac OS. Select all of the text by pressing Command+A, and then copy and paste it into a text editor before continuing.

Scroll to the bottom of the log. Look in the - Summary - section for lines that start with ERROR or FATAL and indicate a failure during the installation process.

Copy and Paste that SUMMARY section in here so that we can check the errors. You might also analyze the logs yourself. http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani,

thank you quick response.

All I could find in the logfile "Adobe Lightroom 6.0 02-19-2016.log.gz" with error was this:

02/19/16 19:47:52:525 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 736616 | ASU has quit unexpectedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime I tried this:

To exclude a corrupted volume:

- deleted P-Ram

- deleted all Files in User/Library/Caches

- rebuilt the volume with DiskWarrior

same error...

Then I did the same with my MacBook Pro 17 inch (2010) which has also 10.11.3. installed.

I could install Lightroom 6 (non CC) on it! The installer worked (it was the same dmg I had downloaded before) and I could update Lightroom to the last version.

One Difference between my iMac 5K and my MacBook Pro is that I had installed Adobe CC products for testing purposes on the iMac.

I deleted now all CC versions from the iMac with the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool and tried again to install Lightroom.

same error...

In my pain I tried to copy all the files which had been installed for Lightroom on my MacBook to the iMac. No way: Error 1, please install again.

It seems that Lightroom 6 (non CC) cannot be installed on an iMac 5K with 10.11.3.

Or there is something remaining from the CC installations which had not been removed by the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool.

Another tortured user with an iMac 5K: Lightroom 6: Having problems installing on MacOS 10.11 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Confused and sad
Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the below steps to remove every thing related to Creative Cloud from the machine:

• Please check if you have any browser security extensions installed, please disable them. ( Eg: AD BLOCK, Mcafee site/web adviser, internet security toolbar etc )
  • Also disable the Firewall of your machine see, OS X: About the application firewall - Apple Support
  • Disable Firewall of the Internet security program installed on computer.
  • Go to : Apple Icon > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > " Allow apps downloaded from " change this to ANYWHERE ( To make these changes click on the Padlock in the left bottom corner of this window and enter your computer password )

***** These above changes are temporary you can revert these changes after the installation is done, as these could be one of the reasons the app is not installing ******

1- Force Quit the below processes in the same sequence as mentioned below from Activity Monitor: see, Use Activity Monitor on your Mac - Apple Support

• Creative Cloud
  • Core sync & Core sync Helper
  • CC library & CCX processes
  • Adobe Desktop Common
  • Adobe Update daemon
  • Adobe IPC Broker
  • After this anything that says adobe on it do a force quit for it

2- Go To: Finder > Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installer > Uninstall Adobe Creative cloud ( if having trouble uninstalling it Trash it )

3- Go To: Finder > Applications > Utilities > ( Delete these two folders - Adobe creative cloud and Adobe Application Manager )

4- Then run the cleaner tool to remove creative cloud and Adobe Application Manager ( if still left in machine )

5- Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.

6- You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( " Do not miss ~ symbol " )

~/library ( It will open User Library folder. )

7- Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe> trash OOBE folder and AAM Updater folder as well

8- Again > Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option > You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library ( It will open System Library folder.)

9- Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe> trash OOBE folder and Adobe Application Manager / after this rename the file SL-STORE as SL-STORE_OLD

10- Run Adobe Cleaner tool. > If present Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and then click on "Clean up Selected" .

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

11- After this follow the steps of SOLUTION 3 in the following document to correct the HOSTS file : Adobe Creative Cloud apps revert to trial mode after CC 2015 update

12- Click on the below link and download Creative Cloud Installer file and use the same to install the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani,

these processes do not exist on my computer:

• Creative Cloud
  • Core sync & Core sync Helper
  • CC library & CCX processes
  • Adobe Desktop Common
  • Adobe Update daemon
  • Adobe IPC Broker
  • After this anything that says adobe on it do a force quit for it

As I have Adobe CS Web & Design Premium 6 installed I am not sure if I should follow your advice from the next points, especially: Uninstall Adobe Application Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you've mentioned that there was Creative Cloud trial installed on your so to make sure that nothing related it left i have provided you the above steps.

If those processes are not running please skip that step.

If you don't see a file, folder in machine skip that step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is point 3:

3- Go To: Finder > Applications > Utilities > ( Delete these two folders - Adobe creative cloud and Adobe Application Manager )

There is a folder Adobe Application Manager,

but I am not sure if it belongs to the working Adobe Extension Manager CS6.app

so I am scared to delete it and destroy my working CS6 installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the wrong download link instead of Creative cloud the download you'll have to do after performing these steps will be of Adobe Application Manager .

In order to remove Creative Cloud you'll have to remove the above folders and then you can download the Adobe Application Manager for MAC from here : Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

Just click install and once installed it creates an icon in Applications " Do not double click on it, as will then try to update your Adobe Application Manager to Creative cloud desktop app "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yippie! It worked

Thank you so much Bani!

After completing all the steps you mentioned above I had to activate my CS Web & Design Premium 6 again, but the Lightroom 6 installer worked!

Happy
Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that, You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

after several try, I finally managed to install Lightroom. I have additionally deleted, after study your and Adobe's instructions, all files as Adobe AIR and Adobe Lightroom and so on from the Library folder. After that I installed at first the Adobe Application Manager new again and then it worked. Without your guidance in cooperation with Adobe, it would never ever work. Thank you very much for your support and thanks to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines