• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get the effect of spinning movement on a photo?

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a fun music video and am new to Adobe Premiere 11. I have a photo (of a magician) that I'd like to get the Effect of circular spinning movement. I tried "Twirl" in Effects, but no spinning happens. I want the magician's face to appear, and then spin, so I split the frame into 2 segments and tried several Effects on the 2nd segment, especially "Twirl", but no spinning happens. How can I get it to spin in rotation at that point? Help! Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the clip on your timeline and click the Adjust button on the upper right of interface.

In the Applied Effects panel, open Motion effects to reveal the Rotate property.

If you apply keyframed animation to this effect, you'll get the spin you're trying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion but still am not getting the Effect I envision. When I adjust "Rotate", all that happens is the photo tilts, and holds in that position. But I'm hoping for an animated continuous spinning in that keyframe. Am I doing something wrong? I'm having a hard time adjusting the variojus settings in  "Twirl" effect..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to check out PrE 11, but I think that it has the same Rotational capabilities as PrPro has, where you can have the Rotation occur many times, say by plugging in 3x in the attributes area.

Steve probably knows this, without looking, and will beat me to the answer...

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hunt. I'm such a novice, especially compared to you guys. BTW, I don't see an "Attributes Area" when I bring up the various adjustment settings (Motion, Opacity, Twirl) on the Twirl (Distort choice) effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Premiere 11

Were you looking for a spinning globe type effect similar to what I created in this demo for a how to on the subject.

http://youtu.be/NC-DhLx_UU8

Or is what you seek just

I want the magician's face to appear, and then spin

For Premiere Elements 11

Hunt's Attributes area = Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel and Opacity Panel (as the default panels).

When you expand the Motion Panel there, you will find the properties of Postion, Scale, and Rotation.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello A.T. Thanks. I got an error message when I tried to open your YouTube spinning globe effect, but that would be a great effect for me, if there was a way to see how to do it. I would most like the magician's head appear, and then spin (probably by splitting the frame (photo) with an added key frame and then apply the spinning effect there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Premiere 11

Please try the YouTube link again. I have two spinning globe video samples on YouTube, the first is not working today, the other is.  The link that is in this post now is the one that is working. Please let me know if you continue to have problems with the link.

Later today I will apply my video spinning techniques to a face instead of a globe and give you the details.

How long in this video is the face's going to be spinning, and it is in only one instance in the movie?

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to see your YouTube instructional video again. The spinning face will only last for about one second, or so, and will happen only one time in the music video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Premiere 11

I will work on this later today and get you a sample of the results with how to instructions to follow if you like the look of it.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

Add On...Do you have Photoshop Elements 11 as well as Premiere Elements 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry to revive an old thread. but is there a good tutorial on this somewhere?

The effect I am looking for specifically, is as seen in the attached video as of 0:28.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video does not load. best is to give a link to a youtube example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a direct link to the dailymotion video:

GuyP1 - Video Dailymotion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That needs some work but you can draw an oval (actually half an oval to make the illusion the oval is under the player) and keyframe the position about every so often frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotating your clip won't make it spin, MyAdobe. You need to create the animation of the spin using keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve. Just don't know how to get that spinning effect, when I would add a keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a free tutorial called Basic Keyframing on my website, Muvipix.com. Once you understand how keyframing works, it should be clear how to apply it to Rotation.

*** Basic Keyframing with Premiere Elements ***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines