Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 beta breaks Flash webcam support

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I've been on the latest stable Windows 10 build for a while but decided to try latest Insider build 14267 to see if it fixes an issue I was having with start menu search. Well it fixed the issue, but now I'm having a bigger issue. I'm curious if Adobe is aware of this problem with the upcoming Windows 10 release and flash webcam support.

I'm in school and take exams remotely through a Chromium based program that uses Flash to record webcam. With insider build the webcam (lifecam cinema) is giving out blank output, although it is detected. Websites that display webcam in flash have the same issue, it's just black. I'm on latest flash stable 20.0.0.306 and tested with Chrome and Firefox.

In Edge browser it works fine. Looks like Edge is using a version of flash that's different (21.0.0.110). I downloaded flash beta ver. 21.0.0.157 which did not fix the issue.

I tried reinstalling the webcam driver with no luck. The new Win10 build didn't update the driver, so not sure what's going on. The camera works in other non-flash based apps.

If you need me to run any tests or need more info just let me know. Rolling back to latest stable build of 10586 fixed the issue for me on both Firefox and Chrome, although strangely now I'm seeing the same thing on Edge with the stable build. Flash ver. on Edge is  20.0.0.306, same as Chrome/Firefox. Camera detects but it's just black output.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Fixed! Uninstalled lifecam driver (latest from 9/15) which reverted it back to some old 2006 Microsoft driver and now it's working. Strange because i tried an earlier driver before that from 2015 which was still broken.

BTW just noticed it's broken on Skype also so it's not a Flash issue I don't think. Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share the Dxdiag info of your computer.

Please type Dxdiag in search bar , go to 2nd tab and save the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go

Build 10586 Dropbox - DxDiag.txt

Build 14267 Dropbox - DxDiag beta.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took screenshots to illustrate (not at the same time). Left is Edge, right is Chrome. The 2nd image is Firefox with latest flash beta. This is on build 14267

If I go to flash settings in Chrome, it shows Microsoft Lifecam under video, so it is detected.

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed! Uninstalled lifecam driver (latest from 9/15) which reverted it back to some old 2006 Microsoft driver and now it's working. Strange because i tried an earlier driver before that from 2015 which was still broken.

BTW just noticed it's broken on Skype also so it's not a Flash issue I don't think. Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I suppose this issue is fixed in latest Microsoft update.Please check.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes latest Insider build does seem to have fixed this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines