• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Audio

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to record audio via my sound card but my Captivate 3 Input Source options shows only Microphone and Line in. System Audio is unavailable. What might be possible causes and what should I do?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2007 Dec 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi koosei and welcome to our community

As I understand it, the ability to record system sounds is largely dependent on the capabilities of your audio hardware. Mine isn't enabled either. I questioned TechSmith support because in Camtasia Studio I could record this way on my desktop PC but not my laptop. And that was the answer given to me. Because I'm seeing the same behavior in Captivate, I am assuming this is the case.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I forgot to add how you might accomplish the goal. You could obtain a small patch cable from somewhere like Radio Shack that would plug from the Speaker out jack to the Microphone in jack. I've done this before as well. Now if you need to blend a Microphone with that, you would need to either obtain a mixing device or something like that. Connect the components to the mixing device, then connect the mixing device to the computer via either Line In or Microphone.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Sorry to be so chatty here. But your question piqued my curiosity. So I did some Googling to see if there was any sort of utility out there that could help with this. I found one that is totally free that may work. It is called FreeCorder toolbar. You may take a look at it by Clicking here.

Might be worth trying. Also keep in mind that most of the system sounds exist separately as .WAV files that are accessed when needed. So one way to use them might be to insert something like a Click Box object that doesn't pause and does nothing when clicked. Then attach the audio to that and time as needed. Or you could use a Transparent Caption with no text and do the same thing.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

thanks for the prompt response. good to know that it was not my laptop that was misbehaving. I will try all the different ways in addition to doing the screen capture of what I talk about in my audio recording. once again thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2008 Apr 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you recommend desktop pcs that support systems audio. optiplex GX520 supports systems audio. are there any?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> can you recommend desktop pcs that support systems audio. optiplex GX520
> supports systems audio. are there any?

Generally speaking, if there is any kind of sound card in the PC then you
should be fine. I'd be surprised if you can find many with no sound
capability at all.

What are you trying to achieve?

Steve

--
Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
European eLearning Summit - EeLS
Adobe-sponsored eLearning conference.
http://www.elearningsummit.eu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying record slides via system audio feature in Captivate 3.
I have pre-recorded and edited my narration with Audition 3 and wanna play it on my pc so that I record the video as it plays on a media player.
so far, I am able achieve this on my office optiplex GX520 but not on my desktop pc at home which is hp pentium 4.

thanks for the quick response and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I am trying record slides via system audio feature in Captivate 3.
> I have pre-recorded and edited my narration with Audition 3 and wanna play
> it
> on my pc so that I record the video as it plays on a media player.
> so far, I am able achieve this on my office optiplex GX520 but not on my
> desktop pc at home which is hp pentium 4.

What's not working? You don't hear the audio on your home PC? Have you
opened your Sound properties and ensure WAVW and other outputs are not
muted?

Steve

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> What's not working? You don't hear the audio on your home PC? Have you
> opened your Sound properties and ensure WAVW and other outputs are not
> muted?
>

Oops - should be WAVE

Steve

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya Steve

I could be mistaken here, but I think the issue is that when koosei is using Captivate, the ability to record "System Audio" is not an available option. With certain types of sound cards, I don't believe it's supported.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2008 Apr 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Steve

Thanks; but i think Captiva8r is got my point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources