Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facebook games requiring a different version of Flash Player

Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a desktop PC, using Windows 10 and using Google Chrome as my browser. The latest version of Adobe Flash Player is installed on my PC. There are games on Facebook that rewuire the Adobe Flash Player Version 11.3.0. How do I install this and will it interfere with the version I already have?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Hi,

It's not possible to install, and use, Flash Player 11.3 in your current system configuration as Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome.  While it's possible to install a different version of Flash Player and have Chrome use that version, via launching Chrome using command-line arguments, Chrome only supports PPAPI plugins now and 11.3 was not available in PPAPI plugin format when released.  Furthermore, 11.3 was released in October 2012 and has not been updated to address any security vulnerab

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's not possible to install, and use, Flash Player 11.3 in your current system configuration as Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome.  While it's possible to install a different version of Flash Player and have Chrome use that version, via launching Chrome using command-line arguments, Chrome only supports PPAPI plugins now and 11.3 was not available in PPAPI plugin format when released.  Furthermore, 11.3 was released in October 2012 and has not been updated to address any security vulnerabilities fixed since its release, which, if installed would leave your system open to known security vulnerabilities which have been fixed since 11.3 was released.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Thanks for answering my question.

Does this mean I need a fix for Flash Player in order to do this? If so, how do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't understand the question "Does this mean I need a fix for Flash Player in order to do this?".

Essentially, what you want to do using your current operating system and browser is not possible.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

monster busters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

facebook games

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines