• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I add my own music to videos?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have songs downloaded to my device and am able to select them to replace the default music in premiere clips, but it doesn't actually switch the music. Am I not being patient enough as the app analyzes the tunes to automatically cut to the beat? Are there licensing issues with songs saved from Apple Music? Is there any way at all to change from the handful of default music options?

Chime in if anyone else has had success with how to make this happen. Googling did not give me any luck.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Hi Erik,

You can replace the default Premiere Clip Themes with music stored on your device.Are you having trouble with adding your own music from your device's iTunes Library, or from Apple Music? (I ask because Premiere Clip does not currently support music streaming from Apple Music, so any soundtrack you would like to add needs to be synced to your device through iTunes.)

Please let us know which app you are trying to use so that we can help you troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Bronwyn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erik,

You can replace the default Premiere Clip Themes with music stored on your device.Are you having trouble with adding your own music from your device's iTunes Library, or from Apple Music? (I ask because Premiere Clip does not currently support music streaming from Apple Music, so any soundtrack you would like to add needs to be synced to your device through iTunes.)

Please let us know which app you are trying to use so that we can help you troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Bronwyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears as though Apple Music is the culprit. I was under the impression that if song files were downloaded to my device, Premiere Clips could use them regardless of where they are from. I was unaware of the DRM involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How Do I add my music that is in Adobe Creative Cloud Assest files into premire Pro?

I'm not sure how to add my own music?

I want to add music that I have rights to. I don't see an option to upload my own music. Can you please help me?

Please advise on this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rasheed,

The easiest way to import files stored on your Creative Cloud account within Premiere Pro is to go to the Media Browser and navigate to your 'Creative Cloud Files' folder located in your Users folder (/Users/[username]/Creative Cloud Files/.

If you don't see your Creative Cloud folder there you may not have syncing enabled or the Creative Cloud desktop app installed (download here: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud 

Once installed, the Creative Cloud app will appear in your menu bar. Click on the gear icon and then Preferences. Click on the Files tab and make sure that Sync is enabled.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Peter Garaway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesnt answer the question which was asked.

The issue according to the FAQ, is that it will only show audio which has synced with the Device Music Library.

Who came up with that idea i dont know, but its really .....!

I have been waiting for Google Play Music to sync the audio  i added to a playlist, for 6 hours. I have no idea if they have synced, or how to even work out if theu are synced.

But regardless, they still dont show up in Adobe Clip.

This method of adding audio needs to be scrapped, and a normal file browser added. DRM is the responsibility of users and copyright holders, we arent children who need nannying with these kind of restrictions ..which do nothing but force users onto different platforms.

Once a user has ditched one program in a media group, the rest will soon be replaced too, to maintain interconnectivity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a similar problem but with songs purchased and downloaded from Google Play on my Android device. In Adobe Clip, the only available option I see is to use the default Clip songs, Playlists, Albums etc is greyed out as if I don't have any, but I do have a song on Google Play.

Please let me know how I can use purchased Google Play songs in my Adobe Clip videos.

Thanks!

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an answer? This questioned start in 2016 and as I look at my phone I only have the default music, I've tried everything I can think of - including adding the music I own and have full rights to into creative cloud and adding that to my phone but still nothing.

What is the answer, anyone?

Regards

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I'm totally green here.  I'll simply state my question and hope someone will help.  I'm not a technological genius. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

I'm using spark.adobe to create a slide show and I want to add my own "original" music that I created using my small pocket camera on "video" setting.  The sound is great but it was a mov. format.  I searched google and found a way to convert it to an Mp4 format.  Spark doesn't recognize this format.  What do I need to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lovedddd premiere clip for so long. To get around apple music, you have to purchase the song you want to use on itunes. However, recently when i went to use the app after purchasing a song, i found that all music options other than “premiere clip soundtracks” were greyed out and unable for me to select them. this is frustrating because i already purchased my song and i have tried reaching out to all adobe customer service to try and figure out why this is happening. please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a licensing issue with Apple Music songs. The fundamental problem is that you cannot use Apple Music songs on on other programs. In other words, you can only listen to Apple Music within the Music app. 

If you want to use the music from other sources, you should note the copyright issue. For personal issue, I recocommend you use Macsome iTunes Converter. It can download any music from iTunes library, including Apple Music. Then you can import the tracks to your premiere projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly please check the format of your own music.

If the music isn't supported by the Pr, you need to convert to MP3 so as to load in. 

For Apple Music, you also can't load Apple Music to Pr direcly, of course you can ask the third-party Apple Music Downloader to download them in MP3 format. If you only want to add music to your slides nor upload to YouTube and so on, there is no need to worry about the copyright. If you want to upload to YouTube and like so, you need to check at first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah you can't use and transfer your own Apple Music to anywhere else you want them to. I think that's reasonable to have the DRM protection for music out of copyright rule. But if downloading some music simply for personal purpose instead of commercial use, I think Apple should offer that option to customers because we paid! Last year when I was making my wedding playlist, I had to use TuneCable Apple Music Converter  to download and convert my songs saved in the iTunes library. This program works in converting Apple Music to many common formats, and retaining the high quality to my expectation. All in all, I still prefer a 'real' downloading option in Apple Music per se.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines