• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

delete Pocketbook from Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my Adobe Digital Editions (4.5 on Windows 7), I have 2 Ebook Readers activated - my old Pocketbook 611 which was destroyed during a mountain trip and cannot be used for anything any more and my new one. The old Pocketbook seems to be somehow corrupt - whenever I click on it, Adobe Digital Editions stops to work. I think it is also the reason for some other problems, e.g. generally slowing down the program to an unacceptable speed. I would like to delete my Pocketbook from the Adobe Digital Editions, but I don't know how (remember: I cannot click on it!) Can anyone help me?

Bussibär.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can remove the authorize but not remove the Reader of Digital Edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it kills the program. It's nearly impossible to pull any ebook on the other reader any more. It always crashes in between. I NEED to remove it. It's so crappy. Most of the time, Digital Editions doesn't even start up. Can I un-authorize my other reader and create a new account maybe? Or at least - can you tell me how to remove the authorization of Pocketbook 611?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Digital Edition.
Connect the Pocketbook.

Press CTRL + SHIFT + E.

Accept that you remove the authorization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is, the thing is destroyed. It is so destroyed that the electronics don't work any more. (It was in my rucksack which lay on hard rocks and I sat down on the rucksack. Then it was in shards ) I can connect it to the computer, but it does not respond. Maybe trying this caused all the problems. I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Reader no longer works its should cause no error with other reader. 😕
If you connect your other reader with your devices its was not detect on digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my new reader is detected. that's no problem.

But Digital Editions is damn slow and pulling over ebooks on the new reader makes it crash. So does touching the old reader in the program.

maybe I can unauthorize the new reader, create a new account and move everything except the old reader on a new computer with the new account...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:
Uninstall Digital Edition.

Remove the My Digital Edition Folder under your Documents (first move the eBooks to other place).

Restart the System.

Install Digital Edition New.

Connect the new reader with the device.

And download eBooks to move it to the reader.

Hope it helps for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope. that doesn't work either. after re-installation and re-connection the old reader pops up again, still causing the same problems.

error code:

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname:    CLR20r3

Problemsignatur 01:    digitaleditions.exe

Problemsignatur 02:    4.5.0.0

Problemsignatur 03:    5604fcbb

Problemsignatur 04:    PresentationCore

Problemsignatur 05:    4.0.0.0

Problemsignatur 06:    51eea8f5

Problemsignatur 07:    45c5

Problemsignatur 08:    0

Problemsignatur 09:    System.NotSupportedException

Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Gebietsschema-ID:    1031

Zusatzinformation 1:    0a9e

Zusatzinformation 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Zusatzinformation 3:    0a9e

Zusatzinformation 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How the old reader detected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remove the folder and uninstall the program (I also delete all registry keys that seem to be connected with Digital Editions). Then I reboot the computer. Then I install Digital Editions. Next I connect the new reader. Digital Editions shows two readers: The old pocketbook and the new reader. Problem persists as it was before.

Next try: I unauthorize my reader. Then I take my completely new computer, where Digital Editions has never been installed before. I install Digital Editions and connect the reader. 2 readers appear in the program: the old pocketbook and the new reader. Program as unstable as always.

I wish there was an alternative to Digital Editions. The whole thing never really worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just was in chat support (case number: 0217960592). They told me to get in contact with you to get the license removed so that it doesn't show up in my adobe digital editions. Could you please help me with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No and i think also not that get a staff person, but can try write and a saff person over the forum and ask. I have try only to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, Sorry, I thought you were a staff person - my fault

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No ^^ i have only try to help. But at moment no other idea for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines