• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple page pdf to artboards in Illustrator CC 2015?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me, how can you open a multiple page PDF in Illustrator CC 2015, so every page is a different artboard?

Thanks,

Balazs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obsolete answer. This is not working with CC 2015 or later.  I'm specifically interested in working solutions for CC 2015 or later. I already searched the forum and found out that there was a script for cs4-cs6 and the first CC. It is NOT working anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a problem with it in CC2015.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Are there any offical Adobe solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no built in default function to open multipage PDF.

Prepression: The Ten Commandments of PDF

Adobe Illustrator PDF support

How to edit PDF files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PDF Pages to Artboards

Got a 2009 version Shane Stanley

this has a broken link to the script.

Real World Illustrator: Scripts make multiple artboards in Illustrator CS4 even better

can't seem to locate it online now... go figure..

works MOST of the time...

does change your color space to CMYK, points for measuring everything.  and you have to change it back for the Next NEW Document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is awesome script for this function

Open multipage PDF | Ai Scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you happen to know if this script works with Illustrator CC (just released in Oct/Nov 2017)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it just a few days ago and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work in my Illustrator CC 2018, I've tried to import different pdf files with different pages, both vectors and bitmaps. But the importation just freeze at the end of the process and the program never able to come back until I terminate it.

It work perfectly in 2017 though. Hopefully looking for a new version of this script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hayesng  schrieb

It doesn't work in my Illustrator CC 2018, I've tried to import different pdf files with different pages, both vectors and bitmaps. But the importation just freeze at the end of the process and the program never able to come back until I terminate it.

It work perfectly in 2017 though. Hopefully looking for a new version of this script.

Just opened 12 pages in 22 seconds with the script in CC2018. Heavily loaded with images of all kinds and a lot of text.

On my old Macbook 13" (with 2 versions of Photoshop, After Effects, Cinema 4D Lite, Acrobat and Illustrator CC 2017 open at the same time), so this machine is really not a powerhorse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. 8 pages in 44 seconds. I hope Adobe creates their own script for a process like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, it's awesome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having problems working around a PDF that wouldn't print due to a "drawing error."  Thought I'd bring it into AI (29 pages) and used this script - awesome!!  I have several files that the drawing error happened in and now I can do this pretty quick and easy!  Less than 1 minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines