Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE Authorization fails / ePub cannot be accessed anymore

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using ADE version 4.5.1. We had purchased an ebook from a website and had opened the ACSM-file we got with ADE. I had authorized ADE without any Adobe-ID. The EPUB-file was fully loaded and readable. Since the ebook though wasn't meant to be used on that computer that I had loaded it with (and that I had authorized), I transferred the file to the actual computer it was meant for. Of course, when opening the file on the second computer, it wasn't openable.

What I did next was the following: I removed the authorization on the first computer, created an Adobe-ID and re-authorized it with that ID. Anyway, it just won't work opening the ebook with that ID that I created. I contacted the reseller about the problem and they were telling me that Adobe is creating an ID for me, in case I choose to authorize my computer without an ID. My problem is: How can I find out that ID, and how can I make my EPUB-file readable again? Right now it won't open on any of the two computers, no matter the kind of authorization.

Any help will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the eBook without authorize its can read only on this device how long its not authoirze. If you want read eBooks must authorize Digital Edition with a adobe id BEFORE your download the eBook. You need a new download of the eBook without a auhtoirze to linked again with the adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nanaky. I had tried downloading it again, but it says that it is already fulfilled by another user. In this case, do I contact my reseller again? Because they know that I can't re-download it, but anyway sent me to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need a new download without authoirze. The first download are linked with the empty authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines