• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does PDF with signature print a block box behind the signature?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've received a PDF with an e-signature image placed on a signature line. It looks fine when viewing the document in Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Pro, and the print preview even looks OK. When I send the document to any printer it puts the signature image on a black box instead of a transparent box. I've tried printing to a color printer vs monochrome, tried with and without "print in grayscale" option, attempted printing Document only, Document and Markups and Document and Stamps. I'm not sure what else to look at or what settings are related to how a signature will print. The document is secured so I can't alter any of the properties of the PDF or the signature.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Hi joshc81577761,

Please try to check with 'Print as image' option .

Also check with the Different document,Try to check with the different Printers (Drivers up-to-date).

Check with the name with the name of the application using which the document was created.

Also try to recreate a document with same properties & try to print the document to replicate the issue.

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joshc81577761,

Please try to check with 'Print as image' option .

Also check with the Different document,Try to check with the different Printers (Drivers up-to-date).

Check with the name with the name of the application using which the document was created.

Also try to recreate a document with same properties & try to print the document to replicate the issue.

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I found these details on how to accomplish the "print as image" option. Print PDF as image | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

That seemed to do that trick and the signature prints OK now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues where a digital signature when printed appears as a black box. I tried all the remedies listed here and they did not work. However when I switched from Acrobat Reader to Acrobat Pro it printed correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is my signature blacked out? It looks like people have been complaining about this problem for years. Doesn't Adobe care about fixing these issues. If you have to buy Pro to get it to work why can't you just state that instead of misleading users and wasting there precious time. I was signing a bunch of documents and a couple of them worked fine, then all of the sudden the next documents were blacked out. The least you could do is provide a popup window explaning why. This is putting me way behind schedule because I needed these docs signed yesterday. SOOO frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had the same problem, and I remember a similar issue in InDesign where some imported transparent PNGs were rendering as black blocks. The solution there was to change the images from 8 to 16 Bits/Channel in Photoshop (Go to: Image > Mode > 16 Bits/Channel). So I tried that here, and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the Print dialog box, you probably have the drop-down set to Document and Markups.  Change it to Document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this happen today and it did not correct until I UNCHECKED the box that said "save ink/toner", which is ironic considering how much ink two blacked out signature boxes required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My mischievous teenager got into my computer; I am having the same problem with my signature being blacked out. I have tried all these remedies but none corrected the problem. To complicate things, due to issues with my printer, I have to save the file onto a flash drive, insert the flash drive into my printer, and then print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines