• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp and JSF (Java Server Faces)

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2008 Apr 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been using (and still use) an ancient version of RoboHelp (version X something, don't remember what our doc folks told me). Anyway, before we take the plunge and upgrade to version 7 does anyone know if the html pages generated play nice with JSF (java server faces)? The current version we're using has major HTML validation issues and other issues fitting into the JSF framework.

Thanks,

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2008 Apr 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the answer to that question but unless someone comes along with an answer, and may even if they do, why not download the trial? It is not crippled in any way and you could use to test on a copy of your project.

I suggest you load it on a PC that is not currently used for RH in case you decide not to upgrade.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2008 Apr 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I create help systems for JSF Web apps, and they seem to "play nice" together. But I'm not sure what you mean by fitting the help into the JSF framework or if you have a different idea of "playing nice." Once a JSF page kicks off a help call, it's up to RH's start page to open the help properly (unless your programmers include logic to account for languages or access rights).

What are the validation issues that you are encountering?

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp