• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Directory Based linking

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2007 Jun 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of creating a site that will have multiple members. However I'd like the it if someone could come into the site like this:

www.sitename.com/username

rather than:

www.sitename.com/members/index.cfm?view&membername

Is there a tutorial somewhere where I can learn how to do this. I am currently using an SE Friendly link system but they still look like:

www.sitename.com/members/index.cfm/view/membername

thank you in advance for your expertise
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 06, 2007 Jun 06, 2007
www.sitename.com/username is a mapping you would have to set up in your Internet server (not your applicaiton server). If you wanted to automate the process, you'd probably have to figure out how to write a script to interact with whatever web server you are using (Win, Linux, Unix, etc). I'm hoping you get a good response to your question on this forum, but its probably unlikely due to the subject matter. A better place to post this question would be on a site dedicated to those server technolo...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 06, 2007 Jun 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
www.sitename.com/username is a mapping you would have to set up in your Internet server (not your applicaiton server). If you wanted to automate the process, you'd probably have to figure out how to write a script to interact with whatever web server you are using (Win, Linux, Unix, etc). I'm hoping you get a good response to your question on this forum, but its probably unlikely due to the subject matter. A better place to post this question would be on a site dedicated to those server technologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation