• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone know how to make ADE 4.5.1 open ASCM files from library?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled, cancelled authorization and reauthorized using email that matches windows 10. No matter how I access the file, it makes me choose a program to open, I select ADE 4.5 and nothing happens. Tried looking up the file via the add tab under File in ADE 4.5, and it cannot locate it. When i switch it from ebooks to ASCM, it just isn't there. (not wrongly listed as an ebook, btw)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Found the answer. Nanaky sent it and I got it via email, but the link back here said it was erased. For other people, it seems there was an issue with my browser. I was using Google Chrome. Someone suggested using another browser, so I tried with Firefox and it opened the download and added the book with no issues at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Digital Edition.

Go to file > Add to Library.

Choose the  ASCM file.

If you want that open the file automatic you should choose the right default program for this files: How to set default programs in Windows 10 - CNET

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I said, i did this and the ASCM file isn't listed. I went back and re-downloaded from the library, noting the destination file, and tried again. Nope. So I changed the destination file from documents to the My Digital Editions file and tried again. Nope.

I double checked and my default program for opening ASCM files is already ADE. It still isn't adding them.

That is why I am at a loss here and asked for suggestions. Normal trouble shooting did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try to download with a other internet Browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It does seem to be an issue with Google Chrome. I tried with Firefox and it downloaded just the way it's supposed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer. Nanaky sent it and I got it via email, but the link back here said it was erased. For other people, it seems there was an issue with my browser. I was using Google Chrome. Someone suggested using another browser, so I tried with Firefox and it opened the download and added the book with no issues at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines