• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH6HTML crashes on generation

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2008 Apr 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys...RH6HTML on XPpro, lately, when I generate, it gets to a certain pont, then crashes. When I look at the directory where the files are generated, the last file created or updated is the file <projectname>_hha.hhk

This crash happens on whatever machine I open the topic, so it must be project based and not application based.

John Posada

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

You might try closing RoboHelp HTML, then temporarily renaming your Index file. (That's the file with the .HHK extension)

Then restart RoboHelp and re-open your project. Try creating a single term in the index and see if the compile works. Based on what you have posted, it would seem that perhaps something in the index may be causing RoboHelp to gag.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've renamed, then when it didn't work, deleted all traces of the HHK file from the project and from the generation. I checked the project and it has no Index. Generated the help and it still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file is the TOC pane?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, maybe it's choking on a topic then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOC pane is the .HHC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so...I created another project and imported all the topics. Was able to generate the help, but with no index or TOC. However, all topics generated with no choking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a good time to make extra copies of the whole new project and generate a TOC but no index. If that's successful, generate an index but no TOC from another copy.

Etc.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've found I can import the files into a new project, then copy the previous HHC (TOC) file to the directory, rename it to match what it should, and generate a help. However, I sure would like to know what caused the problem so I could either avoid causing it or preventing it from happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp