• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can we set TableHeading and Table Row styles

Participant ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've created a Product_Table style. When a user inserts a new table using that style, we'd like the table header and table text to use our TableHeading and TableText styles, not the default styles. We have two writers who are very fluent in HTML and RoboHelp and neither have been able to find a way to accomplish this goal. The end result is that the users have to manually apply the TableHeader and TableText styles after inserting the table.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Rh will not work with HTML Table Headers. You need to create a Table Style

using the Style Pod. It's not intuitive first time and I think I put

something on my site about it.

Then you insert a table using the icon and apply the saved table style to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rh will not work with HTML Table Headers. You need to create a Table Style

using the Style Pod. It's not intuitive first time and I think I put

something on my site about it.

Then you insert a table using the icon and apply the saved table style to that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to change the default RH table styles? I get what Carol is saying, I think. So that when you insert the table, it automatically uses the company's default table style instead of what RH inserts. (Without having to apply the styles.)

This would be pretty cool, although I guess we have two distinct table styles. But it would be nice to have the one we use the most just default in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Kimberly, that is what we are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, KimberlyO.

Thanks to Peter, we have now created a table that uses the default table header and text that we want.

The key to the solution, which I hadn't quite grasped from the Table Style Editor interface, is the Apply Formatting to field. We selected "First Row", changed the formatting, and clicked Apply or OK. We then repeated the process for the odd rows and the even rows.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice! I'll give that a shot!!   Thanks

Kimberly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

We have created a table style using the Style Pod. The Style Pod does not enable you to choose a style for the header or the text.

I'll check your site to see whether I've misunderstood your reply here.

Thanks.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use the table editor you cannot select styles from a list of the styles in the project. You can however define the font for specific rows in the table including the first row. Thus if Normal, the P tag, is 8pt Verdana Blue, you cannot select Normal but you can define 8pt Verdana Blue.

Does that resolve your problem?

If not, create a one topic project with your table and explain in the topic how it is not what you want. See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created the sample project, Peter, but can't FTP it to you at the moment. My company's policies don't allow access to those FTP sites noted on your page. I've asked them to unblock them for me, and will send the project when that happens.

Thank you.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter.

I've shared the project via wetransfer.com.

Thank you.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp