• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC hangs at 83% when saving

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to save a file in Photoshop CC it hangs at 83% for a while, somtimes a minute or more, before it is able to save. It happenend on the previous computer I had and is happening on this new on I just purchased. (Windows 7 64 bit). I am not saving on a network, I am saving to my desktop and then I move files to whatever folder or drive I need it to be in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big are the files, and how many layer on an average?  While I don't know the answer, my guess would be that it hangs there while PS is creating a flattened version for display.  Maybe Chris can chime in, as I'm sure he would know how PS saves files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. Has a solution been found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris would be the man to ask, however, have you tried to 'Save as' on to a different disk or folder ( could rule out bad sectors ). Do you have enough free space ....for good result on a mechanical drive ( if that is what you have ) it is best to have approx 25% free so everything plays nice.

It could be file size, having said that, I work very big 3-4gbs ( 28976x9055px @200ppi ) and saving is not an issue on my system, touch wood. I do 'Save as' all the time to make sure if there is an issue I have not lost a days work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are 2015 and I have the exact problem. when you save a file stuck on 83% a few seconds, is frustrating because my file measures 23x30cm 300dpi (245MB) .. a common file.

** apparently influences when you are working with many smart Objects.**

imac 27 mid 2011 3,1ghz 16gb ram and SSD samsung 850Pro, normally everything runs fast. This does not happen when you use Photoshop CS6 or CC 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have this problem... very annoying. Not saving to network. Possible that a smart object or asset is linked to something on a network? Mine is literally stuck at 84% and has been for the past 10 minutes. About to Force Quit the software, hope I don't lose anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Photoshop CC2015 for Mac and having the same problem - it hangs at 83% while saving. I haven't experienced saving problems with CC1014 even with larger files. I am using a new feature - Artboards. I am wondering if that could contribute to the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the cause!  It's the use of Smart Filters not Smart Objects. The more filters you have within your PSD, the longer it'll hang on 83%

I saved a file with a lot of Smart Objects with no slow down, once I applied a Filter to those objects I got the 83% slow down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can verify this claim by Ryan.

While this is not a bug per se, I wonder, is there a solution for the problem beside the obvious "do not use this feature"-workaround? I am waiting on my file for about 45 secs for each save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have switched off all the filters on this particular file to check, whether or not the slowdown would subside with the filters still on the layers, but in a hidden state.

I seems to be irrelevant, if they are on or off, as long as you have smart filters in a file, it will impede the saving process.

Question to staff: Could you explain what is happening at that point? Is it saving proxy images or something like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very large file (8G). There are a lot of masks. No smart filters, no smart objects. My file hangs at 83% for about 10 minutes before proceeding very slowly to complete the save. Are there any 'fixes'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the problem. One lousy smart object. Change to rasterize. Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just recently started seeing the same thing this past week... saving files and it getting stuck at 83% for 5-10 mins before I decide to kill Photoshop and restart the program.  The couple of times that it has happened for me, my orig file I was trying to save was apparently not affected and I was able to reopen it with no errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.....But it resolved when i flattened all the smartobject layers and saved again....damn I had a 11GB file ...hours of work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the use of Smart Filters not Smart Objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem with CC now.

Any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In terms of save times, PSD or PSB is faster than TIFF - IF you're saving TIFFs MAKE SURE that you disabling ALL compression!

In Photoshop prefs MAKE SURE you disable ALL PSD compression.

File sizes doesnt matter any more with the storage we have these days. Only thing that matters is speed. These old compression schemes are relics from a different time and should never be used as default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have compression disabled all the time and it doesn't affect this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I had a similar problem. I subscribe to Photoshop so I assume I have the latest/greatest of everything. (I have my doubts sometimes.) In my case I'm trying to save a large file as a png. It is flat. Absolutely no layers except background, which is lock, nothing applied to it (obviously.) It hangs up at 94%. I'm trying again after reducing the resolution, as the printer I'm using accepts anywhere between 150 and 300 dpi. I had hoped that going from 300 to 200 would fix things, but that's a big nope. I'm hung up at 94% again. I'm going to try to wait it out, maybe watch a show, but it looks like thanks to this issue I'm going to miss my deadline. I've been fighting with it for hours. I'd hoped to see a solution here that would work for me, but that's a nope too. Thanks for having the info that you do have up, though! Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really killing me guys. Photoshop CC2020 gets stuck on 99% when saving.

MacBook Air 13in 2017 macOS Catalina 10.15.2

!Please Fix Urgently!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem!! I am sure this was fixed ast year but seems to be doing the same!!

Lastest Mac OS and Creative Cloud versions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue! It's been like this for the last couple of months. It's been worse recently.

Happening with the latest Mac Catalina & Photoshop Updates. Please FIX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the same boat here lateste Catalina, Photoshop v21.0.3, and nothing.

This sucks, I call adobe and they keep telling me to fix my settings, useless. Idk what else to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had this 'stuck whilst saving' problem for some time. I use PSCC 21.1.0 and Catiilina. I also had the iMac refusing to boot up. I eventually disconnected my back up hard drive and it would boot up.
Even though the backup HD is not selected as scratch disk I think Photoshop may have been looking for it. Now, even though the backup is reconnected, PS is not hanging whilst saving anymore (cross fingers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines