• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmark Stored with Wrong Topic

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a bookmark "AddFS" in a topic called "Funding Source." On the Hyperlink dialog box, I went to select the bookmark "AddFS" and it was not stored under "Funding Source" but under another, unrelated topic called "Funding Source Transfers." I tried deleting and re-entering the bookmark and hyperlink but problem was not fixed. I am using RoboHelp 7 and am a long time user of RoboHelp and have never seen this problem before.

Is there a file were bookmarks and their respective files can be edited? The only fixes I can think of is renaming the original file to something that is not similar to the existing file; i.e., change "Funding Source" to "System Funding Sources." The other is to delete the "Funding Source Transfers" topic and re-create it.

Is this a bug in RoboHelp 7?

Elizabeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008
Your solution did solve the problem: Use Project Manager set to View by File Name and then add the hyperlink. When I select View by Topic Title and add a hyperlink, I see the bookmark listed under the wrong file. When I select View by File Name and add a hyperlink, I see the bookmark under the right file. This is definitely a change or perhaps a bug that wasn't in versions prior to RH 6.

Thanks very much for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Elizabeth!

This is a change that occurred with RoboHelp HTML 6 I think. If your topic is inside a folder it displays this way in the Hyperlink dialog. Try changing to the "All folders" view and it should look as you expect.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I will try to make the issue clearer: I added a bookmark to one file but the bookmark is now listed as part of another file, which is the wrong file.

Let's say I have a file called Funding Sources.htm. It has 2 bullets at the top: Add a Funding Source and Edit a Funding Source. In the same file are two corresponding tasks with the same names: Add a Funding Source and Edit a Funding Source. I put my cursor in front of the first task and insert a bookmark I call "AddFS." Then I select the bullet "Add a Funding Source" and try to add a hyperlink to "AddFS". What happens next is the problem: When I go to the Hyperlink dialog box and select the destination file, which is Funding Source, the bookmark "AddFS" is not there. It's under a different file with a different (but similar) name. So, when the user clicks on the bullet Add a Funding Source, the wrong file opens. I have tried deleting and re-inserting the bookmark but it still is getting saved to the wrong file. I hope the issue is clearer and you can help?

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Elizabeth

Are you up for a desktop sharing session so that I may see first hand what you are describing? If so, shoot me an E-Mail to rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com and I'll send a link where we might connect and I can watch it in action.

I'll be available for about another half hour to 40 minutes or so before I have to head out.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'd like to try a desktop connection. I emailed you. Let me know if you do not get the email. My email is :
istcerr (at) omh (dot) state (dot) ny (dot) us.

Thanks
Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

You should probably edit your post and remove your E-Mail address. If you leave it there, it's likely to become a spam magnet. :wiink;

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Your solution did solve the problem: Use Project Manager set to View by File Name and then add the hyperlink. When I select View by Topic Title and add a hyperlink, I see the bookmark listed under the wrong file. When I select View by File Name and add a hyperlink, I see the bookmark under the right file. This is definitely a change or perhaps a bug that wasn't in versions prior to RH 6.

Thanks very much for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp