Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player install

Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install flash player but each time I try I get the message "adobe download manager has encountered a problem and must close" How can I get past this to effect the installation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd like to get some log files from you to troubleshoot further.

If you're on Windows, obtain the Adobe_ADM.log file saved at:

• Vista and above: C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
  • XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserID>\Local Settings\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs

If you're on OS X, obtain the Adobe_ADM.log file saved at:

• ~/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log (this is the users Library directory, not they system Library directory)

Upload the file to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document or some other file sharing service that does not require log-in to access.  Post the link to the uploaded file in your reply.

Also, please specify which operating system, including version, you are using.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for your input. I followed through to "temp" for Windows XP. In that folder there were not any Adobe_ADM logs to access. I must be missing something to allow me to access the installation process. My operating system is Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2001 SP3.

Lorna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is the name of the installer file you are using?  There are several and this will identify the on in question.

In the mean time, you can try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section.  However, please do provide the requested information for the online installer so that we can troubleshoot and try to identify why the installer is crashing upon launch.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where might I find that info?? I'm not too literate when it comes to locating things like that~!Give me a path & can do that.

Lorna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the file name for the installer that is not working?

Did the installer downloaded from Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier work?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not sure which installer isn't working but I went to the site you indicated & downloaded flash player direct for Firefox. Seems to have solved the problem & flash player seems to be working now. Hopefully this will be all to do to keep it going. If so I do thank you so much for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Lorna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The online installer should work with Windows XP SP3, but it appears it's not working in your case. Since the online installer isn't working you'll want to save the link to the offline installer.  Alternatively, you can configure your system for silent updates, the update option = Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended), and Flash Player will be updated automatically within 24 hours of a new version being released.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK Thank you for all your help.

Lorna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines