• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I print a topic in in Firefox and Netscape?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble getting topics to print when webhelp is viewed in Netscape or Firefox. They print just fine in IE.

I created a print link on the toolbar and used the following code --- javascript:parent.frames[1].bsscright.focus();window.print(); ---. It works great in IE, but I can't figure out what I need to do to make this work in Netscape or Firefox. I've tried a dozen different things, but haven't come up with a solution yet.

Does anyone have advice? Thank you for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into this same problem. Has anyone figured out a solution for this yet? It works great in Internet Explorer. The topic prints and it's quite lovely.

However, when I try it in Firefox, it only prints the top tool bar (i.e. the row that has the Contents, Index, Search, and Print buttong) and nothing else.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2008 Sep 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that the original post is very old... I have this same problem. Did you ever get your print button to work in Firefox?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You need a skin that has a Print Topic button; (some don't have one).

2. You need a revised JavaScript to put in the code for the Print Topic button. Find this in RH6/7: go to WebHelp Skin Editor > Toolbar tab > select Print (or Print Topic) > Edit icon. In the Custom Toolbar Item screen, select the Action tab. Click the radio button for Javascript, and in the OnClick field enter the NEW script below.

window.parent.frames[1].frames[1].focus(); window.parent.frames[1].frames[1].print();

and Save.

3. Remember to enable the toolbar Print button in Single Source Layouts > WebHelp Properties > WebHelp Generic screen.

I have tested this in Internet Explorer 7, Mozilla Firefox 3, and it works OK. It also works in Apple Safari 3.1.2, although the printout is reduced in scale to about 80% of correct size (text and screenshots).

Good luck, and please Spread the Word!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you!! I've been looking for a solution to this for ages.

I used your updated javascript for my print this topic button, and it works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp