Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Pressure in Flash CC

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I've installed Flash Professional CC and honestly I'm enjoying so far, although there are some features that didn't please me like slow respond when using brush when using Cintiq 13HD. I also noticed that when I use the brush with Cintiq, the button for brush pressure is missing. I need to know how can I enable brush pressure in Flash CC. Any idea?

Thanks.

Regards,

Mohammad Ahmed Fikree

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Actually never mind I've solved the problem apparently. In case anyone else has similar problems here's what I did:

1 go to Control Panel>Administrative tools>Services

2 find Tablet PC Input Service

3 right click and select Stop

(optional)

4. double click Tablet PC Input Service

5. go to Startup Type and select Disable or Manual.

This made the Use Pressure function suddenly appear and it works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressure and tilt options for brush do not come up till you place your pen on the tablet and click on the stage.Once clicked they start appearing ,sometimes these options are hidden, you can resize your tools panel to see the options.And slow response is a known issue and we are tracking it.You can refer to this thread for more details :http://forums.adobe.com/message/5454376#5454376.

-Sangeeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pressure sensitivity icon shows up but line remains unchanged in thickness-despite pressure applied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

Can you please post your flash pro version/ OS/ machine/ graphic tablet/ tablet driver version details?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here

I'm using:

Window 7

Flash CC Version 2.1.0.108

Wacom Intous 5

Wacom driver 6.3.11-4a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

The version which you have mentioned above is Creative Cloud Version , can you please let us know the Flash Application Version from About Flash screen?

Thanks!

Latha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Flash CC 14.2.0.20

Managed to find the solution myself... by getting a legacy version Wacom driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

That's great ,but  if it is working with legacy drivers it should work with latest drivers also . your latest drivers might get corrupted ,can you please uninstall the present drivers and install latest drivers and try once ?because if installed drivers are corrupted we would face this issues some times .

Thanks!

Latha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohammad,

Please refer to the following documentation from Microsoft : Troubleshoot Microsoft Surface Pen for Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3

Regards,

Akshay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this problem in Windows 10 recently.

Win 10

Flash CC 15.0.1.179

Wacom Cintiq 13HD (monitor ...not tablet)

Wacom Driver 6.3.15-1

The problem is ONLY with Flash. The pressure is recognized in the Wacom callibration tool and in all other programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this by restarting my Wacom driver in Services. Both icons now appear.

However, I just purchased a Surface Pro 3 and cannot get either function to appear while using Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash CC uses Wintab driver to detect a pressure and surface pro doesn't comes up with a pre-installed Wintab drivers.

To install the Wintab driver for Surface Pro 3:

1. Open your browser and go to the Surface software, firmware, and drivers page on the Microsoft Download Center.

2. Select Download.

3. Scroll to the bottom of the list, select the checkbox for the .zip file that starts with Wintab, and select Next.

4. Select Open.

5. Extract the files from the .zip file, double-click to run the file WinTab_Setup_x64.exe, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! This worked. Thank you for your help Mohan!

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about for a cintiq?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make them appear with my Cintiq, I went to services, and restarted the Wacom Professional service driver. Then restarted Flash.

I'm using Windows 10 and a 22HD Cintiq.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that already. It didnt work.

I get either a super thin line or the thickness of the brush. Never the variable thickness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this is relevant or not to the cause. I uninstalled and reinstalled the wacom drivers. Then I opted NOT to calibrate the cintiq. Now the pressure sensitivity is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! My son has been searching high and low....and this fix it. Pressure sensitivity appeared immediately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous.  I've had this problem on multiple computers and multiple tablets.  This is a common legacy issue that has yet to be formally addressed by Adobe's Flash team.  By contrast, I've never encountered this on any version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything above, Still got no pen pressure.
This seems like being a Flash bug only, as every other software (also Adobe Photoshop) works.

PLEASE FIX THIS ADOBE, -otherwise you have got a useless software for drawing/animating..

Cintiq 27QHD Creative Pen Display,

Windows 7,

Adobe Flash CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

Same problem : no pen pressure

So i'm waiting for animate CC...

Cintiq 27qhd

Windows 10

Flash CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate CC doesn't seem to have brush pressure either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this issue with a Wacom Pro 4. Please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... No brush pressure options available, Windows 10 and a 22HD Cintiq. None of the above suggestions worked. Any other suggestions please? I got work to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look at the article in answer 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines