• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tables and conditional tags

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble displaying a table after I apply conditional tags. The error does not occur until after I apply tags to hide rows. It does not occur if I'm hiding just text within a cell. I am not applying the tags to the table, just content and then just a row of cells.

I have tested this and if I'm tagging only the content within the cell the table maintains the width of the cell and table. However, when I apply tags to hide a whole row, the table and cells shrink to 1/4 of the size.

I am using RH7. I have used tags in previous versions and have not run across this problem before.

Does anyone have any idea why applying tags to hide a row is creating this issue?

Cindy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm...I just tried it and I was able to completely hide an entire row in a table with a condition tag (I never knew I could do that). It appeared to work the same whether I selected all cells in the row individually (hiding just the text) or if I selected the entire row all at once.

You might try looking at the underlying HTML; maybe there's a clue there....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm...I just tried it and I was able to completely hide an entire row in a table with a condition tag (I never knew I could do that). It appeared to work the same whether I selected all cells in the row individually (hiding just the text) or if I selected the entire row all at once.

You might try looking at the underlying HTML; maybe there's a clue there....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathy -- I did look at the HTML (second step after WYSIWYG failed). I don't see any issues there that would be causing the table to shrink to a 1/4 of the size because I entered a conditional tag. Although this is a huge table, it is entirely possible that I'm missing something. I highlighted and matched up all the open close tags and the conditional tags per row, but nothing jumps out at me.

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the conditional tags in tables does not work for me via WYSIWYG. When I selected the row, regardless of whether it was highlighting the cell from top left to lower right or from selecting the whole row from hovering on the left til the arrow appeared, the row tag (<TR>) was not not being picked up, only the cells (<TD>) therefore, only each individual cell was getting the conditional tag versus the whole row.

So when the output was selected, the table didn't know what to do because it looked like it was condensing the row to 0...meaning it saw a row with no columns. It got confused because it looked like I wanted the columns to be hidden in one view, but not the row.

To solve this problem (at least in RH7) so that the table would not shrink to 1/4 of the stated width, I removed all the conditional tags, then in HTML applied the x-condition: Tag; to the row (<TR>), not to the cells (<TD>). The row is the only part of the code that has the conditional tag, the cells do not have the tag.

Although tedious because my tables are long, it has worked perfectly on 3 of the tables I have done this to so far.

Not sure why the WYISWYG view is not grabbing the rows, but at least I have a work around that I can live with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Cindy,
FWIW, when I applied the condition tag to a table row, I also noticed that the HTML showed the x-condition being applied to each cell (within the <TD> tag), not to the entire row (within the <TR> tag). I thought that was odd (incorrect), but I left it since the entire row was appropriately hidden in the output. That is, even though the x-conditions didn't get put where I expected, I got the result I was hoping for. Go figure. I don't know why my tables would work differently than yours. It's unfortunately that you have to manually fix the HTML for a bunch of tables.

kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp