• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the color of an Adobe sketch project page?

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Know that Adobe has a pragmatic aproach to the different apps for iPad pro and I know I am missing the big picture, but as an artist -for now- I would like to spend the little time I have using Sketch rather than learning its structural theory. Using a colored work page allows me to quickly use dark colors to indicate mass and light colors to indicate glare. I could not find in Sketch a way to color my work area. Which other app do I use to create colored pages so that I could chose which background best fits my models? Then do I import these pages into Sketch as I would a photograph?‌

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Hi, sunethes,

While in this release it doesn't seem possible to change the color of the background, you can import an image you create in Sketch and use it as a background for your sketch.

I wrote an article/tutorial in which I use this technique to add a colored background behind a pencil sketch. For other drawings with more modeling, highlight and shadows, I've used this technique for the exact purpose that you mentioned in your question.

Below is a link to my article. I hope that it is helpful t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sunethes,

While in this release it doesn't seem possible to change the color of the background, you can import an image you create in Sketch and use it as a background for your sketch.

I wrote an article/tutorial in which I use this technique to add a colored background behind a pencil sketch. For other drawings with more modeling, highlight and shadows, I've used this technique for the exact purpose that you mentioned in your question.

Below is a link to my article. I hope that it is helpful to you.

Best wishes, Cher

More Sketching on the Go: Freehand Sketching with Adobe Photoshop Sketch and Adobe Ink (2016)

More Sketching on the Go: Freehand Sketching with Adobe Photoshop Sketch and Adobe Ink (2016) | Sett...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open Illustrator Draw and create a (closed) rectangle of any color

IMG_2056.PNG

2. Long-Press inside that shape to fill it with the same color, zoom to fill screen.

IMG_2057.PNGIMG_2061.PNG

3. Copy it to the clipboard

IMG_2062.PNG

4. Return to Sketch, then from the add image icon, choose the 'plus' icon, and select the Paste Image option

IMG_2060.PNG

You can scale it to fill your artboard.  It'd be nice to have layers in Sketch, but that's another thread.

IMG_2063.PNG

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ko and Sue, your help was not only timely but inspirational. For a while I was using Procreate and there were many aspects of Procreate I very much liked. Thanks to you I am finding that Adobe's Sketch might be a superior program. I use my ipad-pro at drawing meets where there is a model that changes her or his pose every 2, 5, 10, or 20 minutes. Might you know how to enlarge the work space? I've read that somewhere some function of Sketch allows you to have infinite space. My work space now goes to a full screen with 1/4 view; in this 10 or 20 min drawing I could only enlarge half of his left calf to full screen. Is there a way to widen the resolution so that I could bring out finer details? Say, from a full view screen to 1/10. From working on the full figure to working on his toes? And again thank you very much for your help. If I get anywhere with my ipad and Sketch it will have been because of you.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Sunethes,

I can't take any credit at all for either enlightening or inspiring you. That was all Ko.

I think what you're referring to is zoom capability. And, regarding that... It's a request I hear frequently. I do know that the team is looking at how both canvas size and zoom could behave differently in the app. Much more than that, I don't know. I will, however, pass your feedback along to the Sketch team.

I hope that helps a bit.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That article is so helpful! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines