• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show/Hide Button

New Here ,
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been looking at this all mornign and cannot find any answer anywhere, so any help would be very much appreicated.

i've created a drop down hotspot with a label of 'View Details' once it's been expanded i would like the 'View Details' option to change to 'Hide Details', to close the drop down, is this possible and if so how do i do it?

Thanks

Jen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my site there is a method for showing and hiding ALL dropdowns on a page where the button does what you want. Maybe you could hijack that if there is only one dropdown on your page.

Otherwise you need to look at javascript methods that change the image using the OnClick event. Each click would change the image displayed giving the impression of changing the text.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to look for the low-tech solution when possible - would it be acceptable to just rename the dropdown label to read

Hide / View Details

????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have mentioned earlier that i'm using Robohelp 7. I tried using the details on www.grainge.org but receive an error running scripts when I click the Showall button.

for now I think I may got for the renaming of the drop down to View/Hide Details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you decide to try the javascript solution later, it does work with RH7. Check the steps again.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks i will give that another try and see how i get on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp