Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM without quiz/questions

May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi people, i just want to confirm this before I present my findings on captivate next week.
If a captivate project doesn't have an assessment/quiz component, it just has demo and simulation. I can still track user completion on LMS?
All i need to do is tick 'enable reporting for this project' under preferences?
thanks
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general Yes. Scorm requires a quiz or other feedback. You can essentially do a Pass / Fail setting in the global setup of the Quiz. You can set a NEXT> or perhaps FINISH button to "score" that event and then the Scorm standard will be met.

You are basically tricking the scorm scoring requirement to accept some score, regardless of how that score was derived.

Scorm is looking for completion so that the LMS can flag a score, pass/fail or an incomplete course. So this makes a bit of sense if you think about it. Scorm needs to know if the task was completed in some way.

Hope this helps.

Joe C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 04, 2008 May 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, I will try it on our LMS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources