• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive: Captivate 8 v 9

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In captivate 8 I had to retype every slide 3 times because I chose a responsive project. Death by slide!

Why: Because I wanted people using tablets and phones to be able to read the content.

I gave up because: Well i have a responsive website. I don't have 3 size versions of my website for desk, tablet and phone.

I want some content on my slides and then sending it to moodle.

Is version 9 the same? Do I need to resize/re type each slide 3 times.

Should I do it as a power point and just import in one size?

Phil

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Captivate 9 now has 5 viewport sizes.  So you can build the same slide 5 times instead of 3. 

I would NEVER suggest building Captivate elearning in PowerPoint if your intention is to publish for HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never use PPT!  If seeing exactly the same on a phone, a tablet or a desktop publish for HTML and turn on 'scalable'. Be aware that buttons to click/tap on will have to be much bigger if you want this to be user-friendly for phones. For a passive video, you could perhaps better use the Video creator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In captivate 9 can I create a normal (non responsive project) and people can later view it ok on their smart phones?

I just select 'scalable"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think the same content is suited for a small screen with a much lower browser resolution? It is not the screen resolution but the browser resolution that is important (typical a width of 320-400px) Is it passive, or interactive course? For interactions: don't forget to increase the button sizes to make it possible to tap on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I choose a responsive project in Captivate 9 and enter type on the desktop page, do I have to re arrange the tablet and phone layout like i did in 8??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Except that there are now 5 viewport sizes instead of three.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will just do a normal project then in captivate 8. Its too much to adjust every slide three times.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reality is that you DO NOT need to create responsive projects just to have content working on mobile devices.  An ordinary HTML5 project will work fine.

There are also many kinds of content that are NOT suitable for responsive.  Software simulations are one example. Any content that needs to make a lot of use of drag and drops and animation or effects will also likely kill your budget if you try to do them responsive.

The best kind of content for a responsive project is a page turner with text and graphics or video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources