• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11 / Responsive HTML: Can you remove Index and Glossary from the output layout?

Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We do not typically write indexes or glossaries for our product or P&P documentation, but the Responsive HTML 5 layout has icons for both in the Sidebar (Layout Customization). We would prefer to remove these, but I haven't sorted out whether it's possible. It appears it is not simple if it is possible. I tried the 1x1 invisible png, but Layout Customization forces you to use the index.png and glo.png file names. I renamed the invisible png as index.png and it left a 1x1 px white spot in the header. Meanwhile, if you mouse over where the icon was, it makes it look like there's a clickable icon there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way to do this from the HTML5 editor. The only way to get it done is when you dive into the code.

Luckily, I've made a version available with TOC only via http://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2014/03/27/adobe-robohelp-responsive-layout-toc-only

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Willam. We have customized our responsive layout somewhat, so I'll have to figure out how to make this work. I appreciate the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad the Single Source Layout editor doesn't offer little check boxes to turn these off or on as you can in WebHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be wonderful to be able to disable/enable the index.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Note the date of the posts. It is now 2016. If you are using RoboHelp (2015 Release) you may now toggle things off and on via the layout customization.

From the SSL recipe, click the button to customize the layout.

tmp1.png

Then you should see another dialog allowing you to toggle as desired.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Blessings Upon You! You just saved me hours of last-hour sloppy indexing.

I had searched the forum but not found that which was exactly what I needed. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp