Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to publish only selected files in RH6 project

Explorer ,
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Let's say I have 50 .htm files already in an RH6 project. I only want to publish 20 of these files. I manually created a TOC and linked in those 20 files. However, I noticed that when I did a search in the final help file - the search results contained links to the other 30 files. I only want whatever is linked in the TOC to be published.

Thanks,
FMnRH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008
All topics get included in any output, regardless of whether or not they are in the TOC. To exclude topics you need to put a conditional tag on them and when you generate, create a build expression of NOT whatever tag you applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All topics get included in any output, regardless of whether or not they are in the TOC. To exclude topics you need to put a conditional tag on them and when you generate, create a build expression of NOT whatever tag you applied.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Just to confirm... So, that means all the generated files from the WebHelp/FlashHelp layout that reside in the \\RoboHelp 6.0\(projectname)\!SSL!\(layoutname) folder on my drive does not include the selected conditional topics?

- FMnRH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
When you generate the output, it will contain just those topics not excluded by the build expression.

If the different layouts you need are fairly constant, this 20 for one build, this 30 for another, all for yet another, you can set up multiple layouts each pointing to different target folders.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp