• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects cc 2015 won't export to Media encoder

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exporting the comp to media encoder from After Effects.  Media Encoder launches, but nothing shows up in the render queue.  Has anyone run into this? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Hector

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workflow, version of AE, OS and system details down to the last decimal point if updating your apps does not fix the problem. Exporting to Media Encoder works just fine for me running OS X 10.11.3, CC through CC 2015 x13.7.0.124 (all are current) on 4 different machines from an early 2008 Mac Pro to a brand new MacBookPro R 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get "The project could not be opened" in the import window. When dragging and dropping directly from AE, I get "could not read from source", when I click on the item in the render queue.

I tried restarting while holding shift key, but it doesn't change.

OSX 10.10.5, CC 2015, Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, exact version number are you using? Is your AE 13.7.2? What about Media Encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem.  AE would not send anything to Media Encoder.  I could manually drag a comp over, but if I tried to render or change settings, it failed.  I figured out that it must have been a third party plugin (Skybox Studio from Mettle) that was causing it.  It was not even being used in the comp I was rendering, but when I started a new project and recreated that same comp, everything worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with AE AME and Skybox and I'm running a Mac with Yosemite 10.10.5.  Did you remove the Skybox Studio plugin?).  i'm not sure what you did to fix the problem and I'm deep into an edit in AE working with Skybox and don't want to trash my work ... thanks if you can provide any help ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't find a solution except to just not use Media Encoder with Skybox. Would be worth letting Mettle know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem to and no one seems to have an answer - the forum seems to be a case of 'me too'.

I'm on a Mac and using the lastest CC updates - using AE and unable to add to queue in Media Encoder. AE opens Media Encoder and creates a folder with the AME file but does nothing with it. The file doesn't appear in the Media Encoder window for rendering, nor am I able to manually drag it in. I'm so frustrated I'm about ready to smash the monitor!  Any help will be gratefully received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My entire department is having the same problem with the Media Encoder except we're on PC's.

It's the After Effects CC 2015.3 update that caused it. It also caused a huge issue in After Effects, when I did a chat with Adobe rep, I was told 'no one here can help you'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update AME as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm up-to-date on all the CC updates. So frustrating that I'm unable to do something that should take me literally 2 minutes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. I will try to render an AVI now instead of WMV so I don't have to use the Media Encoder. Not happy about it, AVI's are so much bigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I updated AE & AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem but then I remembered that I had uninstalled Quicktime due to security issues. I installed it again and I'm now up and running with AE and AME!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that is not my issue. I uninstalled Quicktime a month or so ago but it caused major issues in AE so I had to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. Cant export to AME after the last update. I need a fix for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flackz wrote:

I have the exact same issue. Cant export to AME after the last update. I need a fix for this!

What, exact, version of AE and AME do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have AE version 13.8.0.144

Release - AME 2015.3   Build - 10.3.0.185

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you drag a composition from AE's project panel to onto AME's interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but when I click on format or the preset or try to render it, it says 'Could not read from source'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up uninstalling AME and reinstalling it. Seems to have fixed the issue. If it doesn't work try installing 2015 first then upgrading again, thats how I ended up doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uninstall/reinstall of AE & AME.  Still can't get anything to render out of AME 2015.3

Now I am uninstalling the 2015.3 versions of both & reinstalling CC2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, tried all possible solutions suggested in this thread. AE and ME are up to date.

Finally, we can't export H.264 from After Effects at all. I wish that for once, the next update would come with zero new features and just fix this train-wreck of problems that has been flooding Adobe CC since its final version of 2014. Absurd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked for me...

I went to Local Disk>Program Files>Adobe>

In this folder, I saw I still had the folder containing the old versions, "Adobe After Effects CC 2015" along with the new version, "Adobe After Effects CC 2015.3".

I went ahead, closed out of AE and AME and deleted the old version folder, then emptied the trash.

Then, I opened AE and with my comp i wanted to export on the timeline, selected Composition> add to AME queue, and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man, it doesn't work for me.

I'm beginning to think that if you decide not to install Adobe's programs on anything but the default location, these types of problems show up. I'm having nothing but trouble with Adobe 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines