Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

activation error when downloading books

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I get the activation error every time I download an ebook from my library. I have no problems downloading pdfs to adobe digital editions, or epubs from Project Gutenberg or free review copies from my email. I have reauthorized my nook ereader but that did not solve the problem. I would also rather not uninstall Digital editions and lose my books.activation error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

No stuff, but can solved the problem with following steps:

Macintosh:

1. Open Adobe Digital Wditions.
  2. Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  5. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  6. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Cho

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem. I have downloaded library books before without any trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem! please could you someone who is one of the customer service supporter can help us for  this issue? Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No stuff, but can solved the problem with following steps:

Macintosh:

1. Open Adobe Digital Wditions.
  2. Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  5. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  6. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for help, but it did not work. it says "

E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER "

Maybe do i need to redownload acsm file from book suplier?  it doesnt work. i really dont know what i have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED say that has a errror with Time, Date and Timezone. Check if all right on you device. Its also not work try a other ebook. Sometimes is a problem with the ebook itself.

e_lic_already_fulfilled_by_another_user say that the error linked with the other Adobe ID. If you have a no other Adobe id using, its linked with a empty authrize. So you need a new download of the reseller which can linked new with the Adobe id.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help. The procedure resulted in the  activation error changing to a new error saying Unable to Download. Error getting license. License Server Communication Problem E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED.

I have had this error before. At that time I followed the same procedure you recommended in this thread and it worked so that I could transfer a library book to digital editions. This time it did not work and I continue to get the same error after reauthorizing Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nanaky's version worked! I think if I want to see the new registration in the tree I have to open it again. I used Adobe ID when  I was reregistering it and went fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a problem with adobe digital, the nook, or windows or with the library?   I have windows 10 on one computer and windows 11 on another.  From what I see here, lots of people from different areas have the same problem.  I have use adobe digital for over 20 years and never had on again off again problem.  When I download a book Mine says Error Dlialog: This book has been returned. Loan not on record. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines