• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with insufficient permissions

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to download flashplayer. I get an error message: "Required file c:\windows\SysWOW64\FlashPlayer CPL App.cpl:5" could not be written due to insufficient permissions".  I am running 64 bit Windows 7 with Firefox browser.  My current Flashplayer is disabled but lists as 20.0.0.306. How can I rectify this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Did you happen to have the Flash Player control panel open when you were trying to run the update?  If so, closing it and running the update again will probably get it done (it's complaining that the control panel applet can't be overwritten, which could be because it's in-use). 

If not, I'd reboot and see if that does the job.  If it doesn't, the file/filesystem is probably corrupted.

Scan the filesystem and repair any errors (this is also an excellent time to make sure your backups are up-to-da

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give this a try for the fix permissions issue:

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

It is kinda lengthy and a little involved for the layman, but if you can muddle through it it might solve your issues. I do have a scripted version of this that works with a simple double click if you cant get through this

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you happen to have the Flash Player control panel open when you were trying to run the update?  If so, closing it and running the update again will probably get it done (it's complaining that the control panel applet can't be overwritten, which could be because it's in-use). 

If not, I'd reboot and see if that does the job.  If it doesn't, the file/filesystem is probably corrupted.

Scan the filesystem and repair any errors (this is also an excellent time to make sure your backups are up-to-date and working):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2641432

Give it another shot.  If it still fails, try using the unlocker utility to make the writable again: http://download.cnet.com/s/unlocker/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines