• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to install Flash Player on Windows 10 for Firefox

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to install Flash Player on Windows 10 for Firefox. I downloaded the FlashPlayer for Firefox NPAPI (for Windows 8/10), closed Firefox, and tried to run the installer. It fails every time with a 'connection error' and 'unable to install' message. I've been through the Flash Player help page, but didn't find anything helpful there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the link I used without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi monicac9177540,

Do you have anti-virus software installed?  If so, which one?

Do you use a proxy server?

I'd like to get some log files from you to troubleshoot.  Please locate the following files in your system:

• C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs - Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.og
  • C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash - FlashInstall.log
  • IF 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash - FlashInstall.log

Gather all files and upload them to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document or some other file sharing service that does not require a login to access.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Note that if this is a 64-bit OS I need the FlashInstall.log file from both locations.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Webroot Secure Anywhere anti-virus, no proxy server.

There are no install logs in either the System32 or SysWOW64 Windows directories.

The Adobe_ADMLogs are at https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/7770e874-de55-42d8-a0ca-d4246e60a938.

-Monica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The online installer downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  It's possible Webroot is blocking the download.  I will forward the log file to the team that handles the online installer to investigate further.

In the mean time,  you can try one of the following two options:

1. Disable Webroot and use the online installer.  If this works, then we'll know for certain that Webroot is the culprit and we can contact them to whitelist the Flash Player installer.
  2. If you don't want to disable Webroot (totally understandable) you can use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section.  This is the complete full installer (nothing downloads silently in the background) and should work fine.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had already tried #2 (offline installer) of your suggestions and I would prefer not to disable Webroot. Perhaps I may do this at a later date when I am sure of a secure internet connection, but that would not be a good option at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If the offline installer is failing it's for a different reason since it doesn't download anything in the background.  I'd like to look at the install log file for the offline installer.  The FlashIinstall.log file is saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  If this is a 64-bit OS there's another FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directory.  Both are needed from a 64-bit OS.  Upload the file(s) to cloud.acrobat.com (see How to share a document) and post the link to the uploaded file(s) in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines