• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Put all text of pages into one file ?

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a Robohelp  MS HTML Help project, would it be possible to dump all text contents into one big file?

--

Christoph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Hello again

One may use the Printed Documentation feature of Adobe RoboHelp. Just open the Outputs(SSL) pod (RoboHelp 2015 Release) or the Single Source Layouts pod and double-click the Printed Documentation layout.

Work through the wizard and you should end up with a single document once finished.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

One big Microsoft Word document?

One single distributable file such as a CHM?

A singe Zip file?

An Adobe PDF document?

One huge HTML file?

Are you even using RoboHelp?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’re talking about creating CHMs, it’s already in one file; or are you talking about concatenating all the HTML pages into one long file (page?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick. One Big Word Document would be desirable. I would like to apply a spelling checker for example. Or do some other text review.

Jeff, if it's in the CHM (sure, it's gotta be   ), how could one extract it?

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

One may use the Printed Documentation feature of Adobe RoboHelp. Just open the Outputs(SSL) pod (RoboHelp 2015 Release) or the Single Source Layouts pod and double-click the Printed Documentation layout.

Work through the wizard and you should end up with a single document once finished.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

the Printed Documentation feature is probably what I want. I tried it but I run into trouble with some VBA script stuff:

This appears in the output window. Also an alert box pops up from MS Word (2007) saying sth. about that VBA Macro.

Generierung der gedruckten Dokumentation wurde abgebrochen.

Die registrierte Version des Word-VBA-Makros ist falsch.

Installieren Sie 'Gedruckte Dokumentation' noch einmal.

Wartezeit, bis VBA-Makros für gedruckte Dokumentation registriert wurden...

Fehler beim Registrieren der VBA-Makros für gedruckte Dokumentation...

Generierung der gedruckten Dokumentation wurde abgebrochen.

Die registrierte Version des Word-VBA-Makros ist falsch.

Installieren Sie 'Gedruckte Dokumentation' noch einmal.

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I'm nearly out the door for an appointment. Hopefully Peter or Jeff can pop in to advise.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RoboHelp are you using?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Grainge schrieb:

What version of RoboHelp are you using?

I started a trial period with RH 2015 a couple of days ago but to stay compatible with our partner I also installed RH11 as a trial version. The former I will be going to license soon anyway (which will also entitle me to continue using RH 11 as I've learnt).

I got around this VBA thing by now by enabling Macro (insecurity) in Word 2007 and I'm tried start a PDF printed doc which seems to work now, but still got not through it. Gotto close my notebook yesterday night when I had to leave office while RH was still at 80%

of generating the printed doc. Takes long.

Well, I'd prefer to get it solved for Word 2007 nonetheless because it would be easier to do text correction.

RH doesn't provide a spelling checker built in, does it?

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile I managed to generate a printed documentation as a Word document. It's huge (1300 pages as was the PDF document).

I can also save the file as a .TXT document. THat's what I needed.

Thanks. Solved.

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

Indeed, RoboHelp does have a spelling checker built into it!

In RoboHelp (2015 Release) you launch the Spell Check by either pressing the F7 key (same key is used in Microsoft Products as well as in Adobe Captivate for spell check) or you click the Review tab followed by Spell Check.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp