• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom import from iphone 6 no longer

New Here ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Lightroom CC and when I got my iPhone 6 in March the importing of photos and videos has been seamless. I do all the imports manually and other than waiting for my computer to recognize my phone it worked well until May 18, 2015.

- - -

I have Windows 7 64-bit

I do not have any major changes to my set-up since the import for the phone was working. Importing from a card reader and memory card from a camera still works just fine. I have worked to get my photos from my phone using some workarounds into LR; but this is not acceptable for the long run.

my iPhone is running iOS 8.3 and I have rebooted it several times since these issues

- - -

Procedure that I used in the past:

I plug my phone into the USB cable attached to my computer, approve the 'trust' box that pops up on my iPhone 6. Then wait for the phone folder icon to appear in the explorer window.

Then I select the import button and select the phone to import from - after awhile I get a window that indicates that photoshop lightroom has stopped responding.

Any reference to a current thread that addresses this problem would be appreciated -

Thanks,

Joseph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

LR was telling me that there were no photos to import from my iPhone SE (when it had previously worked without a hitch).

1. Opened Photos on my MacBook Air and tried to import.
  2. A dialogue told me that my computer had not been granted access to my iPhone. Must have been on iOS 10 upgrade?!?
  3. Unlocking my phone (while plugged in to USB), photos began to appear in the import screen for Photos.
  4. Closed Photos and tried importing into LR again and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue.  I have recently moved from Aperture to Lightroom 6 (with the sad end of life of Aperture) and have been struggling with the concept of folders and collections (can you manually sort collections in a set?) I was able to import photos from my iPhone 6 until the 8.3 upgrade - now photos taken after the upgrade are not displayed and I have to go through a complex process using image capture to take them from the iPhone to a local folder on my Mac and then import into a folder in lightroom and then add to a collection......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same issues. Everything just worked with Lightroom 5. Anyone seeing a work around or a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem! I have an iPhone 5S, using LR 5.7, and have been regularly importing photos from my phone during my round-the-world journey.... last one was about about 6 days ago and everything was fine. Now I go to plug in the phone, and the phone doesn't even register on the sources panel....  it must be a glitch with apple? or LR? No idea.... but I must get the pictures off the phone, and I can't even do that with iPhoto as a back up plan!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had fixed a similar problem with my iPhone 6+.  I have windows 7 64-bit. 

1. Open "Devices and Printers" (if I click the start button it is a menu item on the far right.)

2. Locate "Apple iPhone" and right click on the icon

3. Select troubleshoot

(At this point, my computer let me know that there was a problem with the device driver. (duh))

4. Apply the fix.

After that, I was able to find my iphone in the import dialog window for Lightroom.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful! Been working in IT for so many years at all levels from ISPs, Help Desk, Sys Admin and now InfoSec, and I tell you this was annoying me. You helped greatly. I have way too many open apps running and unsaved work with virtual computers all running the background, didn't want to reboot. Unplugging and restarting the app didn't help. In Device and Printers I found a prob with the driver. Attempting to run "Troubleshoot" didn't fix it but you pointed me to the right location. There are two devices, "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" and "Apple iPhone". One had the yellow exclamation and I thought I could click the "Troubleshoot" and it would fix it.

What fixed it was simply deleting the problem driver, then reconnect my iPhone. Because drivers are built into Windows, it simply reinstalled the device and now I can sync my iPhone photos again.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seemed to fix it for me. In Win 10 I went to 'Settings' and then clicked on 'Apple Mobile Device USB Driver' and chose to remove device. then I unplugged my iPhone and re-plugged it. Then it reinstalled the driver and everything seems normal... for now anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue: after I upgraded to Lightroom 6, my iMac (iOS 10.11) doesn't list my pictures from my iPhone 6 nor my wife's iPhone 5C.

Tried some workarounds like manually deleting some settings, a solution mentioned on a thread here. It worked, but the problem came back when I started Lightroom again.

Please fix this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've a same problem

lightrrom cc do not let me import photos from my iphone6+

lightroom try to read photos but it does not show me nothing to import ( there are more then 9000 photos on the device)

I've a iMAC with  OS X EL CAPITAN 10.11.1  and an iPhone 6 + with last iOS 9.1

what can i do?

how i can fix this problem in lightroom cc ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a similar problem. Tried a different cable and it worked. Cheap non

apple cables can cause this issue.

On Sunday 29 November 2015, giovannideangelis <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use only Apple cables but I'm still having this same issue. I have had this issue with both iPhone 5s and 6+ connecting to a Macbook Pro (late 2013).

Incredibly frustrating and there seems to be no fix. I wonder if there isn't something with the Lightroom Mobile that interferes with a direct import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  thanks for the suggestion to use a different cable! After a month of frustration it finally worked...Based on your suggestion I tried a different cable.

My cables are all apple cables so I'm not sure why one would work and another not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same latest MAC updates and iOS updates and Lightroom doesn't recognize any device - iPhone 6 or Oly camera TG4.  ...not happy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made some progress this weekend. I wasn't able to import directly from my iPhone, though I can from my Canon EOS camera...

I used Image Capture on my Mac to import my iPhone photos and videos to a directory on the hard drive. At this point I was still unable to import from that directory - until! - I moved the videos (.mp4 and .MOV) files to a different location. Then Lightroom happily imported my iPhone photos. Maybe this is the same issue you are dealing with?

I don't have a solution for importing video yet. I've tried quite a few options including uninstall and reinstall, creating a new catalogue, uninstalling Divx software. No joy yet.

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you made some progress. I had tried Lightroom when all else failed with importing my pics through Photoshop > Bridge's "Photo Downloader", which allows me to create subfolder by date shot of photos, whether on any of my Olympus cameras or my iPhone. Photo Downloader hasn't been importing my iPhone pics for a while now since I updated the iOS to 9. But it downloaded my Oly cameras pics still until the El Capitan update I did just a few days ago. (I waited all these months, thinking it was safe to do the upgrade to El Capitan.) So, I gave Lightroom a try...Now none of the Adobe products recognize any of my devices when plugged in.  Not happy.  So, I do appreciate your reply here and may give your workaround a try. Otherwise, I may just use Image Capture to import selected pics into a folder from which I select the photos by dates shot and then append my Metadata via Bridge and do a batch rename and move such groups of photos by date into subfolders labeled by date - which is my initial preference for cataloging my work. We get set in our ways, I guess, and when software updates mess that up, it gets so frustrating to reinvent what we do!!  Thanks, Shawn!    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took all the videos off my phone (a pain because I had wanted to store a few there), but as soon as i did that i could upload all my photos. What a weird glitch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with iphone6 and lightroom cc

it's terribly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is total garbage.  I had no issues importing pics into Lightroom with my iPhone6.  Now it only shows me a subset of pictures, and I have to waste my time figuring out how to do this. 

Some at Adobe needs to read this and provide guidance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with an iphone 6s+ and an iphone 5s.  Neither one shows up as available to import photo's from.  I've tried this with 3 cables included the brand new, unused cable that came with my iphone 6s+.  Both devices show up normally in iTunes.  Not sure what is going on here.  Connecting to a new 27" iMac.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. The devices do not show up in Image Capture either...

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like an issue with the iPhone or the iMac, not Adobe Lightroom. I'd start by seeing if you have the latest updates for both devices and then hit the Apple specific forms from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a quick update for this... In further exploring this issue, I discovered that my iPhone was visible in iTunes and would sync and backup normally.  However, in addition to not showing up in Lightroom, it was also not showing up as a device in Image Capture and Photos.  This prompted me to call Apple support.  After some quick verification of the problem and general agreement that this was extremely odd, we tried moving the USB cable to a different USB Port on the Computer, and that fixed everything.  After closing Lightroom, Image Capture and Photo's and then reopening them, the iPhone 6s+ was visible as device and I was able to import normally.   This also fixed the issue with my wife's iPhone 5s.

The whole thing still makes no sense to me and seems like a very odd problem, but I'm happy to be able to import again into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow... this solved it for me. If I plug the cable into the right USB port of my Macbook Pro Lightroom can't see the iPhone. If I plug the cable into the LEFT USB port of my Macbook Pro everything works as expected. At least it kind of works? This is... pretty pathetic. The iPhone works just fine through iTunes no matter which port it's in. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a different USB bus? Since there are versions 1, 2, and now USB 3, they are not all on the same hardware (control channels? and firmware?). One USB port can get a bit zapped from a connection and the PC will shut down that port for safety of the laptop/computer.

In Device Manager, you can view all your USB Controllers, and remove any devices or "rescan" for new devices as well. Some USB ports are higher powered "fast charging" USB ports, i have a few on my PC and had to reconnect a few times to the variety of USB ports I have when something weird happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the workaround you suggested wiht my MacBook pro and iphone 5 and now lightroom "sees" the phone finally.. Rather strange.  I would point the blame for the issue to Apple, as there is something going on with the USB ports.  On several occasions I've had to swam my externall HDD from one usb to the other because it wasn't reading.. so not an iPHone issue at all, but a Mac one.

Thanks.. I guess this solution is like the shutdown-restart option for windows users! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay this worked for me. Open your computer. Plug in your iPhone. Then open Lightroom. Then hit "import". Hopes this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines