• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Boxes in Old WebHelp Project?

New Here ,
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 7 (latest updates) and I have to update an older WebHelp project and when I first opened the files RH7 converted/updated the files and now my topics have strange red boxes at the top and bottom of the topics. How do I fix this? Maybe they were links pointing to navigation graphics or something. This is what the text in the box states when I look in the HTML view:

<script type="text/javascript" language=javascript1.2><!--
if (window.writeIntopicBar)
writeIntopicBar(4);
//--></script>

I don't see any navigational graphics in the top-level folder like the HTMLHelp project I last worked on. How do I restore the functionality of these red boxes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like what you have upgraded is not the project but the webhelp output.

Try very hard to locate the source files as otherwise you have quite a bit of work to do.

See this article on RoboWizard's site.

http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#MonthlyScry/062004.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2008 May 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the quick input! I have captured a video sequence showing the nitty gritty, the project files and final generated output....which looks fine. I think those red boxes pertain to the navigation links. Feel free to take a look at the "Jing" screencast video. I am guessing I must have the correct files if the ouptut comes out nicely and the links all work....but I am still not 100% sure nothing is wrong though....Here is the link:

http://screencast.com/t/XhZ43kJjOts

Any future comments welcome.
- Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike

First, many thanks for showing the problem that way. It certainly makes things easier.

In an early part ot the video the folders showed Language, SSL and then some WH* folders. Those WH* folders are part of an output. Open up one of the supplied sample projects that ships with RH and generate an output without changing the folders. You will see what I mean.

Those red squares are a sign that someone has managed to get an output into the source. RH stops you generating into the source but it does not stop you publishing into the source so my guess is that is what someone has done.

As you say, your output looks fine but I am not sure if it is safe to use them in the sense of something else not working. Have you tested search and index?

I am hoping Rick Stone is looking at this thread. Rick, it only takes a couple of minutes to look at Mike's video. What do you think please?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Check the TrueCode (or whatever they call it in RH7) and see if there's stuff like this near the top. If so, it's definitely output files.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp