• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I downloaded ADE but then used it without authorizing. I now need to authorize so I can transfer ebook onto my ereader and not just read on my computer.

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded ADE but then used it without authorizing it, consequently I can't transfer an ebook onto my ereader.  How do I go back and authorize my computer with my ID so I can transfer my ebook to my ereader?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

If you download the eBooks before you authorize the eBooks can read only on this system. If you move it to a reader you need a new download after authoirze and then can linked with your right Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's brilliant thank you.  I've managed to do it and can now transfer an ebook onto my device.  Really chuffed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all you explained

Inside regedit I had to go in "Device" to remove the key (inside device there was 3 other files)

Now I can't no more go on authorize

When I try to open the book I get an error

I can't remove Authorization

Really upset!

Please help because I am afrai I threw my money throw the window

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you remove the complete folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the complete folder as you said

Error disappeared when I try to open the book but it asks me always for ID and password.

The book is always locked

I try to give authorisation but always the same pb.

The book is over protected so I can't read it. Protection is really efficient!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you used the same Adobe ID as the fist download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where to and why. will I need it? I'm a complete neophyte with this.

Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.:  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines