• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame loading, TOC, Index, Search display problems in Firefox, et al.

Enthusiast ,
Oct 23, 2006 Oct 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a compilation of some code revisions that have helped fix the way WebHelp loads, particularly how the toolbar and minibar (also called the navigation bar) look and function. Reload also is improved.

They solve one or two problems in Internet Explorer; they also banish some bad behavior in other browsers.

I would like to be able to say which pieces of code are for what problems, but I can't be certain everything will work if you omit some. For example, the first fix below helps Navigator, but also may help Firefox (and Opera, when it presents itself as Netscape). I didn't have time to test at this level.

My environment and the usual disclaimers:
RH X5.0.2;
Windows 2000
Generating option is DHTML > Applet > Pure HTML
with a skin (traditional, no-skin output shows the more primitive Search and Index)
IE 6
Firefox 1.5.07
Netscape 7.1
Opera 9.02
User's access is via Intranet URL (rather than as files in a network path)

These fixes work for me but I can't guarantee your results. Back up everything. Experiment on a small project or a minimized copy of the working project. Please post a note about how they work for you.

Thanks.

Harvey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harvey -

Cool, nice job... Perhaps some of these edits will address FireFox's startup/reloading issue. (?)

I haven't tried the edits, but, I should mention that in frameset files, the <body> tag isn't used. Just the <frameset> tag. If you found an errant <body> tag in those files (other than in the <noframes> section), it should be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Roger, thanks.

Please don't hesitate to correct or improve upon anything else.

I deleted the frameset piece. There was no stray body tag, but I was uncertain whether you can get away with a disembodied head. Apparently you can.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp