Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording Limitations

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2008 Apr 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I need some information about recording limitations in Captivate. The screens I am capturing have a lot of built in elements and are large on the backend, so when Cp3 records theses screens, I get an error message that kicks me out of Cp3 and I am not able to record these screens.

Any help, suggestions, clues?

Thank you,
Stephanie
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Stephanie!

Others here have reported that they work past this issue by connecting the Captivate PC to another using a remote desktop. Then record the remote desktop. Because the conflicting application isn't actually being executed on the same PC running Captivate, the issue is resolved.

Might be worth looking into... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick!

I think I am confused. The system I am recording is the same size no matter what pc I use to record in Cp3, and there is not conflict in systems. The system I am recording is to large for Cp3 to record, so I am trying to figure out what the size limit is for recording. This will be a huge issue as the system I am recording is the primary clinical sytem at our facility.

Stephanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Stephanie

I offer my sincere apologies then, as I misunderstood your post.

I thought you were having issues recording and Captivate was closing down on you during the process. I'm guessing you are asking instead how large the actual capture area can be? In pixels?

Personally, I've never known that there was any set limit. More governed by PC resources than anything else. For Heaven's sake, how large is this beast?

Normally we recommend that folks try to stay within a lower common denominator, such as 640 x 480 (if you can) or 800 x 600 as the recording size.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick!

Cp3 is closing down when I get so far into the recording, and the so far isn't that far. It's on the first screen and I am showing the first drop down choice. It is a huge form inside a clinical app. The form is just under 1100kb.

Stephanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Stephanie

How are you recording? Are you recording using the Full Motion Recording option or the other option where Captivate takes snapshots of the screen?

If you are using the Full Motion Recording option, try the other one.

Sorry, but the 1100Kb measurement doesn't translate in my mind to a pixel value.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2008 May 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rick,

Just to follow up...

Well, I was using the other one, not the Full Motion and the Full Motion is working better than the other one.

Stephanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources