Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 7 hangs when I double click topic for editing/viewing

May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Projects that opened and functioned just fine in RHX5 no longer work properly in RH 7. The project opens with no errors but when I double click a topic to view or edit it, the program is non-responsive and hangs. The topic is not displayed. No matter how long you wait, nothing happens and I eventually have to end the program. The size of the project doesn't seem to matter as this problem occurs across all my projects, large and small. Occasionally, I manage to edit a topic but 90% of the time the program hangs. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

What happens if you open one of the supplied sample projects?

What if you create a new project?

Are the projects on your local drive or on a network?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2008 May 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am experiencing significant hang issues with RH 7. I updated an RH 5 project into RH 7. It is a large project. Could it be a memory issue? I have 1 gig of RAM. The small supplied projects work better, although still a bit slow. RH 7 ends up not responding and has to be killed through Task Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 05, 2008 May 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

One cause of slowness in RoboHelp 7 is having a large number of fonts installed. I just read on the Adobe Technical Communication blog that a patch has been made available that is supposed to fix this situation. You may wish to give it a try.

Click here to read the blog post.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2008 May 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thanks for the link--I didn't know about that blog. Looks like a great way to keep up to speed and see what the product managers are thinking and recommending. It could also be a good way for RoboHelp users to communicate directly with the product managers through comments.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2008 May 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the link to the Tech Note.

So I have 3 Font Sets: Arial, Microsoft Sans Serif, and Times New Roman.

If all my documentation is created with Arial, should I just go ahead and delete Microsoft Sans Serif and Times New Roman font sets from all of my projects and this should speed things up after I replace the .dll?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp