• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character limit in Text (Multiline) field. Is this real or am I day dreaming?

New Here ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using CKEDITOR plugin with my text inputs and when customers paste styled text, attributes and other styling stuff are created increasing the number of characters in the textarea meaning html cannot be complete if there is character limit in the web app item Text Multiline field.

Many pages break when web app retrieves these fields in detail layout view, because html is not complete in the text field.

So does Web App Text (Multiline) field have character limit or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

What it takes to get rid of that limit?

Thanks

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Hi Ray,

Please reference this thread below for the character limit for both text (string and multiline) at this stage.

- http://forums.adobe.com/message/4342388

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ray,

Please reference this thread below for the character limit for both text (string and multiline) at this stage.

- http://forums.adobe.com/message/4342388

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this ever been improved ??

what's the current limit ?

It seems that it takes much more than just 1024 characters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I'm after information regarding the web app message 'The field can only contain up to 4000 characters.'  Your link no longer works. Is there a way of adjusting this message? or is it part of BC that I can't get access to?

Cheers

Grant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Part of BC, you can not change this. It is there because it now supports html and the editor and the limit includes all HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines