• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to change the title bar for the chm output so it does not say Please enter project title here...

Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried going thru File>Project Settings but it does not change it...I opened a new project and put in a project title and it worked...I then tried changing that title using the Project Settings and it did not work...the documentation says this is the place to change the output title...I do not know how to get back to the opening dialog of the New Project Wizard so I can actually change it without having to open a whole new project and copying it into the new one...I do not want to do that......

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating a new window and changing it there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean by creating a new window...I generate the HTML help and when it is done I click View Result...my help project is displayed and the title bar says Please enter the Project title here...I want the actual title of my project to be there instead...When I looked into the help it says to change this in the Project Settings dialog available thru the File menu...but it does not work!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx for such a quick reply…this thing has been driving me crazy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I'm in a class at the moment and can't reply more. But if nobody has popped in here in a few hours, when I get home I'll create a brief video and share it to show you the exact steps you need to take.

In the mean time, what version of RoboHelp are you using?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY!!!!...thanx…as it has been so frustrating!!!

I would LOVE it…so you now understand what it is I mean?

I appreciate your time and effort to help me!!

Laura

PS…I have RH11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The title shown in chm output window is the same as mentioned in the Project settings> Project title field.

title change.png

In the image, title1 is the title of the project which will be shown in the output chm window.

Change the title here and generate the chm again. It should work.

Thanks and Regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not work...I tried that so many ways...with how I save it and how I generate it...I even created a new project ...put in the title for the New Project wizard as test...then went into project settings to change it to test test and it did not work!!...the title remained test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick…the response I got was the first thing I tried and it did not work which sent me in search of another way…so I am still anxious to hear from you…try the test I did…start a new project…put a title in on the first line of the New Project wizard…once the project is created and opens try going into File>Project Settings and and change it…generate the chm…the title does not change…at least for me it did not…I have RH 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Apologies for the delay. Got home last night and conditions weren't conducive to creating the video. Good news is that I got up early this morning and at this very moment I'm waiting for it to complete rendering. Within half an hour or so I'll have a link for you to use to view it.

Stand by... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WooHoo!

Okay, click the link below and see if the video helps you solve it. Don't be dismayed, the first part talks about the Project Settings which you have already tried. There is a part just after that that shows you a different way.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this out…went to use the other method and low and behold the correct title was there too…then it said you could relocate the window so I clicked and did so and look what was underneath…??????

So what would cause this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUT IT WORKED!!!...Thank you SO much!!!...but any clue as to why there were 2 windows like that???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else puzzling…this project has 2 sets of topics …one for English and one for another language…when I generate the other language, the title comes up as follows…where did THAT title come from…hmmmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is the generation screen…weird…

Should I be able to use another title for the other language and select it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I was off consuming breakfast.

Did you intend to post images? If so, are you perhaps replying by email? If that's the case, images don't survive the trip into the forum universe. You will need to use the web interface and post them using the web interface by clicking the camera icon.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH Title bar image.JPG

So now I have an even different title for the other 2...where did THIS one come from???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH  geneartion parameters.JPG

The above is the generation screen...should I be able to create a title for the other languages if I wanted to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

CHM files are strange beasts in general. Even moreso when you begin factoring in multiple languages.

If you have specified a Window Title and are producing a CHM file for a different language, you won't actually see that title if you view that different language CHM on an English version of Windows.

You might try configuring the regional preferences in Windows, but I believe I've seen it where only by viewing the CHM actually on a specific operating system will you see the title bar change and present the desired text.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK...thanx for all of your help...HTML help is a far better title than Please type your Project name here!...will see if the folks here can live with that...

You have been great...and speedy!!

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp