• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access web page with alternate tab displayed by default

New Here ,
May 05, 2008 May 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a WebHelp project with a start page that displays the Contents tab by default. Is there a way through the URL to have a different tab (e.g., the Search tab) display by default? Thanks.
Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2008 May 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the wizard, there's a button marked Set As Default.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2008 May 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a way to open the same WebHelp project with the Contents tab displayed by default if the project is accessed through one method or with the Search tab displayed by default if the project is accessed through another method. I am using RoboHelp X5.0.2.

Peter, I generated my project with the Search tab set as default. I viewed the start page, and the Search tab was correctly displayed by default. I made a copy of this start page and saved it to a different folder location. I regenerated my project with the Contents tab set as the default. I copied the alternate start page into the project so that I essentially had a start_contents.htm page and a start_search.htm page. This method was ineffective. Both the start_contents.htm page and the start_search.htm page now open with the Contents tab displayed by default.

Is there a way through the URL to be able to specify the tab to display by default (sometimes the Contents tab and sometimes the Search tab) for the same help project, either through using multiple start pages (which in my test appears to be ineffective) or through additional code in the URL itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2008 May 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Is using one method to point at one output and the other method to point at another output viable?

If not, I believe you can control this through the API but that is down to the developers and I cannot help you on that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp