• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deal with "error: check activation"

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Digital Editions 4.5 on my Windows 7. Downloading books on my Kobo reader has been a battle from day 1. I now am getting "error: check activation" . As suggested I am trying to de-authorize my reader in order to re-authorize it but ADE refuses my password. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deep thanks Nanaky !!! I have been looking to solve that tiny message for almost two months (once from time to time of course) ; now with your help it has been done in a glance !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me how to do this with windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Nanaky. I will copy your instructions in case this happens again. In desperation, I uninstalled ADE 4.5 and installed the 3.0 version instead. So far, so good: looks like this solved my issues. Thanks again for taking the time to post your precise instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get stuck at at seclect adept key step, i can find adept but there is no export file, can you please help?  This is so frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with 2.0 I don't know if I should just uninstall it or what? it worked 2 weeks ago and now I cant get books. what happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trendychiccanada schrieb:

I am having the same problem with 2.0 I don't know if I should just uninstall it or what? it worked 2 weeks ago and now I cant get books. what happened?

Start Digital Edition.
Press STRG + SHIFT + D(WIN) or CMD + SHIFT + D (Mac).

Then accept that you remove the authoirze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nanaky! I had "error! check activation". I tried right click on Adept key - delete, but it didn't let me. So i pressed ctr+shift+d and authorized again. When i tried drag and drop a book to adobe digital, i've got "unable to download. Error getting license..." Whatta heck! what do i do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get you error check activation again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue also. Any solution at the end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leng2170 schrieb:

I have this issue also. Any solution at the end?

Most the solution are work which mark as right solution has you try this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw another solution which was to download 4.0 version. However, I couldn't find the 4.0 version. I am stuck now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pamelam22354662 schrieb:

I get stuck at at seclect adept key step, i can find adept but there is no export file, can you please help? This is so frustrating

If not export you can also remove it without export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines