Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command Line And Licence

New Here ,
May 07, 2008 May 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together,

let's say we have two licences for RoboHelp (to create our help system). Now we have build machine (only for the compilation process of our sources and the help system). Do we need an extra licence for this case or can we use one of our current licences to run on the build machine?

Thanks,
danone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thinking is that you would need another licence but it is a question that only Adobe can answer. If I said you did not need another licence but the fine print in the agreement you signed up says otherwise, the opinion here won't save you from the lawyers.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd agree with Peter. The agreement says you can install on an alternative PC (e.g. a laptop when away from the office) but it is crucially for use by the same individual. So if your have two authors producing the content and someone else compiling, I'd have thought you'd need three licences but only Adobe can give you a definitive answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One question I'd ask is whether the build machine runs builds automatically. If it's automatic, I would think that all it needs is the output files from the people authoring the help. Don't you need a license only if you're actually going to be opening RH and working on a help project? If this isn't going to happen on the build machine (if all the build machine is doing is taking output files and rolling them out to a server), I don't see why you would need a license for it.

But if someone is manually running the build machine and needs to be opening/working on/generating help projects, then yes, you'd need another license.

Just my two cents,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The build machine in this case is compiling so RH is being used, doesn't matter how.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Right, misread that part. Good on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp