• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I authorize or re-authorize my computer?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE won't allow me to transfer library books from my laptop to my Kobo saying that authorization is needed.  The eBook vendor field defaults to "Adobe ID" and there are no other options available.  I've entered my email address in the Adobe ID field and my newly created password.  The resulting error message reads "The vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open. Try again."  The Adobe website seems to recognize me so I don't know why I can't get authorization.  I've uninstalled ADE 4.5 and tried version 3 instead but it's still a problem.  I've been downloading to my Kobo e Reader for years so why can't I do it now?  I'm using Windows 8.  Is there anyone out there that can help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error say that the ebook are linked with a other Adobe ID as you enter. Has you open/download the eBook before you authoirze Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then the eBooks linked with the empty authoirze. Only solved of the problem is a new download of the reseller of the eBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI GUYS,

JUST WAS STRUGLING AN HOUR HOW TO DEAUTHORISE MY MAC AND THEN I FOUND THIS LINK AND IT WORKED

JUST HOLDING ALT WHEN ACCESING LIBRARY FOLDER WILL MAKE ALL FILES VISIBLE (I HAD NO IDEA MY MAC HIDES FILES FROM ME, KINDA STUPID BUT I REALLY COULD NOT FIND THAT ACTIVATION.DAT FILE, EVEN WITH SEARCHING AND IT IS THERE!!!)

Activation errors in Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines