• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong Default Topic Displays

New Here ,
May 06, 2008 May 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using both robohelp and robohelp server 7. I have published several project to the server, and all works okay. Except...I can't get the "welcome" topic to display as my default project. I've moved the project containint that topic to the top of the server list, and set that topic as the default, but when I open the help, that's not what displays.

If I view the project through the server pod, it displays the right topic. It just doesn't display that topic when I view the help through the IP address.

Ideas???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the default topic load successfully when run standalone from the server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, a different topic in the master project displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are using merged projects and your master is displaying the wrong default page? Is the page you want displayed located in the master project or one of the slaves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the master project, in this case the one at the top of the list on roboserver. Here's the thing. Even if I delete that project from the server, it still tries to link to that topic. And, even when select a default topic before publishing in the new master, it still tries linking to the deleted project.

I've just published everything straight to the server without the master/slave format. Is that why i can't get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us go back to your answer to my first question. You said that the output did not display the correct default topic even when you generated webhelp (not webhelp pro) output. If this is the case, it has nothing to do with the server. What you are saying is that the topic listed in the "Default Topic" fild of your Single Source Layout is not the topic displayed when you open the help file. Which topic are you aiming the help call to and is it the same as your default topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2008 May 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I misunderstood the first question. If I publish the project with webhelp, and not webhelp pro. The correct page displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you go to the location of your webhelp pro output (note I said output not the published location) what topic displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The very first topic in the TOC for that project displays, but that is not the topic that I select for the default topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it isn't already, specify your output location on a local drive and see if the output works OK. This will eliminate RH from the problem and focus purely on RH Server. Then try publishing to a different location and see if you get the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My folder output is set automatically to this folder \!SSL!\WebHelp_Pro - i left the default as is. If I open the project from that folder, the project displays correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed my output folder, and published again, it the project's default page still displays correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed my output folder, and published again, it the project's default page still displays correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Backing up a step, let's look at your WebHelp layout and WebHelp Pro layout, one at a time, because they probably don't use the same settings.

On the first page of each sequence, what is in the "Default Topic" field?

Are they the same?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2008 May 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we just check that there are no build tags being specified that is excluding the default topic? Also you should ensure you have the republish all option set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It sometimes helps if you completely strip all files and folders from the generate and publish directory locations and then regenerate and republish.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In WebHelp and WebHelp Pro, the start page is specified in two files: whnjs.htm and whstart.js.

The first sets up a default start page for browsers than can't display frames.

Have you verified that the whstart.js file on the server matches the one in your output?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp