• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need distribution detail to be used to push updates to OS / browsers re: Flash bulletin from 3/10/16

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't want our clients performing these updates one by one. We need to detail so we can use tools to push the updates to our clients.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Distribution within an organization requires a distribution license agreement.  For most use cases licensing is free.  You can apply for the distribution license at Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe‌. The Flash Player Admin Guide also contains useful information for administering Flash Player.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Maria.

So that I'm clear. To fix your security hole my options are:

1) instruct each of my several hundred clients to run manual updates on their own, and hope that they comply as I would have no way to confirm their follow through

or

2) you have information on what existing .exe's I need to update, and the downloadable patches I need to push to those .exe's across each browser type + the desktop flash version, but I need to pay you money for this information/feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Under most use cases (yours appears to be one of them) Flash Player licensing is free.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Maria.

Not sure what that means however. I called back and opened ticket# 02118120391 to get some specifics. I need to understand the information that is required to push the security fix on a wide scale across different browser types + local flash player, related to your Flash Bulletin from 3/10/16.

You must have other customers doing the same. What's the process? What's the file detail? Where's the documentation?

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After applying for a license you'll receive an email with a URL to download the installer files from.  For Windows we provide both EXE and MSI installers, as well as catalogs for SCUP and SMS deployment.  For OS X we provide both .app and .pkg files.  You download the files you need for the OS and browsers used in your organization, and then distribute based on whatever software distribution process is implemented at your organization.

The Flash Player Admin Guide contains a chapter on distributing Flash Player within your organization.

After initial distribution you can also enable Background Updates which will enable Flash Player to update automatically, in the background, within 24 hrs of a release.  You can implement this to use either Adobe's servers, or deploy the Background Update resources locally and configure the client systems to use the local Background Update resources.  This option requires you to deploy updated Background Update resources to your server with each release.  Information on hosting Background Update locally is included in the Flash Player Admin Guide.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied. Days ago. How long does it take?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Approval usually happens fairly quickly.  Please private message me the name and email address used to apply for the license and I'll follow-up.

In the mean time, please check your spam filters for email from noreply@adobe.com.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines