• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5.0 stopped working in Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Uninstalled, then downloaded 4.5.1; but program won't open.  Troubleshooting leads to the Comment that "DigitalEditions is Incompatible"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closed Digital Edition.

Rename My Digital Edition Folder under My Documents to My Digital Edition.old.

Restart you System.

Right Click on Digial Edition Icon and choose Option "Run as Admin".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea; but the program still doesn't open and I get the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you try it with a older version of Digital Edition? Herunterladen | Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem: since I upgraded to W10 Pro, ADE doesn't even pop up its window.  I have tried:

• uninstalling V4.5.0 and reinstalling 4.5.2. No joy.
  • deleting the My Digital Editions directory and running ADE in admin mode.  Directory gets recreated, but the ADE window never comes up. No joy
  • because the window doesn't come up,  I can't deauthorize and reauthorize. No Joy.
  • I have tried running in toubleshoot mode. No joy.

Since has been a known problem since February.  Is anybody home at Adobe? There is no phone support and the Community Forums don't have any solid fix.  Who is Adobe's real customer in the book industry? .asm DRM is busted. Someone should be concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem when I try to return a book early. I tried every option from 2.0-4.5.2. All have the same problem crashing every other return. Luckily it does show the book as returned at the library itself otherwise I'd be a lot more upset. This is all over the internet and has been for a while now.

I use Windows 10 and have allowed ADE through the firewall. I've also tried running as an administrator.

No support from Adobe, at all, is frustrating to say the least. I've notified all my libraries of this problem and asked since Adobe has no response for this ongoing problem are they going to ask Overdrive to look into any other software. I can't imagine contractually this would hold up in court with this failure to address the problem so Adobe should not be surprised when Overdrive looks to get out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines