Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of the Nav bar

May 07, 2008 May 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to get rid of the Nav Bar which contains Prev, Next Refresh and hide buttons. We can hide the buttons in that bar by commenting writeToolBar(); in whskin_mbars.htm file. But still unable to hide the complete bar. I am using RoboHelp 7 with WebHelp Pro. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 08, 2008 May 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Rick Stone's free tips here. Plenty of tricks!

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arun,

While Rick's tips are worth having, the quick solution is to deselect every button in your project settings/window definition. The entire bar will then disappear.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to get rid of the navbar too. John, can you be more specific on how your were able to remove the navbar completely? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Leon and john for the replies..
Leon, i found the topic in Rick's tip to hide the Nav Bar "Remove the Navigation Pane Mini Toolbar". But its not working as i am using WebHelp Pro. But good pointer to start with, so i am trying it out..
John, By "project settings/window definition" do you mean "project Set-up/Windows"? If so, there i could only find option to deselect the main bar button, but not Nav Bar buttons. If it is not the option where i should look, then please let me know more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are producing Webhelp Pro I believe the answer is to right click on the window being used in your project, select Properties. There are a series of button tick boxes there. Deselect them and create your output. I haven't checked this but give that a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I can't be very specific because I use a very old version of RoboHelp. In my version, I disable the buttons by going to File/ Project Settings/ Window options and deselect everything under buttons - No buttons, no nav bar.

Or you can open the .hhp file in notepad and manually enter 0x0 in front of the initial vector (the numbers in square brackets) in the window definition.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Are you talking about a .CHM window? If so, it's worth noting that folks seem to be referring to WebHelp Pro. And in the WebHelp Pro window definition, I don't believe there are options to remove those buttons in the Window definition.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2008 Oct 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch Rick. I am referring to compiled help. There was a "WebHelpPro" reference in the opening post which slipped by me somehow. My apologies for any confusion.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2008 Oct 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I am producing WebHelp (not Pro) and I need to get rid of the Toolbar Nav Bar (the one with the X in it) which is above the Contents and below the Toolbar Main. No luck.

Oh and I am using 7.02.001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The absolute easiest, fasted way to do this that I found, and I have not tested in thouroughly is to just open the main html file that gets loaded when you open the help, find the JS that creates the frameset:

and just change the <frameset rows="38 to <frameset rows="0, to HIDE the top frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am using RoboHelp HTML 10 and have a Webhelp project. I have tried all the stategies suggested here for removing the nav bar and have been unsuccessful. Has anyone been able to do it? By Nav Bar, I mean the one with Previous, Next, Sync TOC, etc. I don't need these elements and I just have an empty space for the nav bar which looks bad. Would look so much better if I could remove it. Thx for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that this is documented in Rick's Skinny on Skins:

http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#Downloads/Skinny_on_Skins.htm

If not, try this: Go to whskin_frmset010.htm. Find the line that start with

strHTML+="<frameset rows=\"24,*\"

Replace the 24 by a 0.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, William! Your solution worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp